Windows RT 8.1

tboy2000

May 29, 2012
Visit site
I have 8.1 preview on my vivotab rt. can I upgrade to retail version or do I have to downgrade to 8.0 for the 8.1 upgrade to show in windows store? has the update actually hit the store yet for vivotab users?

maj71303

May 11, 2012
Visit site
Installed the RT 8.1 update on my VivoTab and so far it is a beast for sure. Mine is not a regular VivoTab though as mine is from At&t so it has stuff like the cellular modems in it and free keyboard dock. But all in all it seems to be doing great. Took it a while to download and run through the setup but seems to run a lot faster than before.

anon(5316299)

Dec 18, 2008
Visit site
Installed the RT 8.1 update on my VivoTab and so far it is a beast for sure. Mine is not a regular VivoTab though as mine is from At&t so it has stuff like the cellular modems in it and free keyboard dock. But all in all it seems to be doing great. Took it a while to download and run through the setup but seems to run a lot faster than before.

Agreed. I have the WiFi version of the VivoTab RT...it's really running quite well. The perfect work tablet for me at this point.

Plantje

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
I have a version with 3G and keyboard dock as well (didn't get any help from a cell phone provider though :) ) and I am really happy with it as well! It seems to be way more stable than the preview!

There is only one minor down side that I can see so far: if I click a link in the mail app or in Nextgen reader it will open IE next to the mail app or Nextgen reader in a 50/50 division of the screen. I notice that in 9 out of 10 cases I drag the divider to get IE to full screen again. Is it possible to change this default behavior?

Plantje

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
How to install windows 8.1 rt for asus vivotab rt
Congratulations! You have just managed to write a whole sentence in English...at least to some extent.

A little bit more information would be useful. Do you currently have Windows 8 on the device? Or is there for some reason no OS on the device at all?

If you currently have Windows 8 RT you should make sure all Windows Updates are installed. Then check the Windows Store and you will see the 8.1 update.

Good luck!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon