Moving maps to SD card

ngnetzky

Jun 3, 2013
Visit site
I know about storage check. I have downloaded maps through the app but is there a way to make sure the maps are on the SD card?

Jabba_29 could have been more informative with his answer, but he was 100% correct. You need to download the "Lumia Storage Check Beta". This is a APP and is different than what is included with/built into the phone. There you can go into the Lumia Storage Check App and than goto maps and it will have a option to store all maps onto the SD card.

Per Nokia's Website >>>>

Maps can be now stored on SD card instead of phone memory, which comes handy when you have lots of map data to store. Use the switch to change the location you want to manage and download to or delete maps from that location. By doing this, all your Maps apps, like HERE Drive+, HERE Maps and any 3rd party ones will now use the Maps on SD card.

Slater_GS

May 14, 2013
Visit site
For the life of me I cannot find a way to do this on my 521.
Storage Check does not give any options that I can see.
On the "details" screen I only get
- details
- maps
- clear

None of which have any sd card options when drilled down in. I have deleted and redownloaded maps like 3 times and never a point where it gives me a choice of where to save.

TIA

Jabba_29 could have been more informative with his answer, but he was 100% correct. You need to download the "Lumia Storage Check Beta". This is a APP and is different than what is included with/built into the phone. There you can go into the Lumia Storage Check App and than goto maps and it will have a option to store all maps onto the SD card.

Last edited:

MATRIX RELOADED

Oct 1, 2013
Visit site
Guys, I downloaded storage check beta and chose the option to download maps on sd card. I deleted my current map and re-download it, the SD card got it as the available memory is reduced. But the map on phone under storage check beta is still showing 80 GB stored. How can I get rid of this? I would like to get that 80GB back for other apps.

Ron Kern

Dec 11, 2013
Visit site
Re: Moving maps to SD card / Link for Storage Check

I couldn't find the app searching either, but the link above, the same as this,

Lumia storage check beta | Windows Phone Apps+Games Store (United States)

goes right to it. I was able to delete my maps from the phone and then re-download to the SD card. My phone was about of storage with the maps on the phone. With 64gb cards at Black Friday pricing, load it up!

Thanks for the help and hopes this helps too.

alfunlee

Feb 7, 2014
Visit site
Re: Moving maps to SD card / Link for Storage Check

After using Lumia storage check beta to put the maps onto the SD card can you erase the Lumia storage check beta app?

Since the maps are now on the SD card instead of the phone are there any performance decreases for apps that use the maps like Nokia Here Drive?

Bob Norman

Jul 26, 2014
Visit site
To successfully install Lumia Storage Check Beta, you must install Lumia Pusher first, then you have access to Lumia Storage Check Beta and other useful apps. Hope that was helpful.

lsattle

Sep 13, 2013
Visit site
There is a lot of out of date information about this process.
I recently accomplished this on a wp8.0 lumia 521.

first, I did not need to first install lumia pusher.
second, you need to clean off your old maps before doing anything with storage check beta. If you leave old maps on your phone, and do this process, you will never be able to remove the old maps. (unless changing the parm back to the phone storage, deleting them from there, then changing the parm back to the sd card works)
third, install lumia storage check beta. I could still find this in early september 2014.
fourth, using lumia storage check, change the parameter to put the maps on the sd card.
fifth, download the maps you want.
Since I did this a few days ago, I don't know how to exactly state all the buzzwords.

One fact is you don't need wp8.1 to accomplish this. My phone was updated to 8.0.10517.150 before I tried this process. Some webpostings say you need to be on 8.1, this is not true.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon