Volume control for headphones

Neil Katz

Dec 5, 2012
Visit site
I unusually keep my volume at 30 so that I can hear the ringer in an open area. I plugged a new headphone in today and it belted out the music at full volume. Shouldn't the phone sense that I plugged in the phones and automatically reduce the volume?

RJ Priest

Feb 13, 2013
Visit site
I see that many people have requested separate volume profiles for WP8, but for me personally, it hasn't been an issue. I actually like the universal volume control, it simplifies everything. When I plug in headphones, I just make sure to drop my volume to 15.

Neil Katz

Dec 5, 2012
Visit site
Seem to recall that this worked on my Lumia 710 with WP 7. Also, when I use Bluetooth headphones, the volume is fine, only when I plug headphones into the phone do I have this problem.

Donald Burr

Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Please Please MS separate the Ringer (speaker) from the headphone and Bluetooth volumes. Want my ringer volume to stay on full, my headphone volume where I like it, and the Bluetooth volume to stay where I like it. There is no functional relationship between these profiles so why should they share the same volume settings. This is one of the most annoying "features" about the phone.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MatthewHilbers