I want to love this phone but...

eande4u

Mar 10, 2013
Visit site
I have had my lumia for about 3 months now. I loved it at first and still do in ways but recently there are things that are making me want to go back to my old Samsung Fascinate. Before I got this phone I read and read and read till I was blue in the face. I saw very few negative things about the phone. Just frustrated is all.

1. Three or more copies of every song and picture. I don't sync with a pc or anything like that. I found a fix on here for the music and it worked for about a month.
2. Navigation. I am a huge phone navigation phone. I have found that google maps works great and wonderful. That I miss so I use my wife's phone for that.
3. I really hate not having access on the memory to files I download with other programs.

These are the three biggest things for me. I could care less about the apps cause I have a tablet for all those. But is there anything I can do. Should I just stick it out and hope for the updates or put it on eBay?

Thanks for your time.

CJ Thunder

Feb 16, 2011
Visit site
XBM is getting better.
If you dont like Drive, you are out of luck for other good free options.
No file system, ever coming, supposedly.

If you do want to sell it, pm me. But honestly keep it, manage music another way, plop your old phone in your car for good, and forget your phone has files.

odin09

Jun 30, 2012
Visit site
1. and 3. I know gdr2 is supposed to fix some of these issues. Its worth the wait.

2. Download the gmaps app if that's what you like. I like Nokia drive better but I was just testing it the other day and it works fine.

Kevin Rush

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site
I think you should stick with the fast, fluid, and modern Windows Phone.
1. I'm sure that the duplicates and Xbox Music issues will be addressed.
2. You should try Nokia Here Drive or Navigon for navigation. Both store their maps on the phone and work great even where there is no internet service. Both use Navteq maps, which are arguably the best. I think Navigon is the very best of all the navigation apps, but it does cost more. I think it is worth the money for all the features.
3. I agree. I want to manage my files too. I can on my computers.

bigboy29

Jun 30, 2012
Visit site
I am kind of blown away that someone would like gmaps on a Nokia phone more than Nokia Drive for navigation. No, really. Those two things are not even on the same planet. :| But I guess different people like different things.

There is some hope that GDR2 update is getting really close. That being said - I have had 2-3 songs in a list problem also and ultimately solved it by resetting my device. While it is a shotgun approach, restore made it all pretty painless and I wondered why I did not do it before.

danj210

Jul 27, 2011
Visit site
The duplicate song thing is from a music & video option in settings called Xbox music cloud. In that while this is checked, anything in the Xbox cloud you own will appear on your device for you to stream. If you buy a song you own it on the cloud and if you download the song it will show as a duplicate. When they say they are fixing xbm, I'm pretty sure this is including.

eande4u

Mar 10, 2013
Visit site
I will give it a fair chance. I hope it starts to work out I have read here and done all the tricks but maybe my phone hates me. I will get it figured out. I will wait for updates.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lolz1234