I have some basic questions

ofdmguy

Jul 18, 2013
Visit site
Before I purchased Lumia 521 through WM, I thought I can make free Wi-Fi calling using this phone. It appears it is not the case. I also try to use skype voice, it appears it is not the option as well. My questions: (1) If I unlock the phone, can I still do free wi-fi calling? (2) Has anyone used Lumia 521 to make voice call through Skype? (I did that with my old Nokia C6 and has no problem making voice calls through Skype).

Curtieson

Jul 26, 2011
Visit site
I thought I can make free Wi-Fi calling using this phone. It appears it is not the case. My questions: (1) If I unlock the phone, can I still do free wi-fi calling?

The WiFi calling is part of the TMobile plan. The basics is that instead of using TMobiles Voice towers, which might give you a bad reception...you use your own personal WiFi (or a free WIFi in a store) to connect and complete the call. You still use the TMobile minutes on your plan though, because they want to make money from you!!! So, to unlock it and still use that feature, you'd have to find a carrier company that allows it.

I also try to use skype voice, it appears it is not the option as well. My questions: (2) Has anyone used Lumia 521 to make voice call through Skype? (I did that with my old Nokia C6 and has no problem making voice calls through Skype).

Where did you see that Skype wasn't an option? Sorry, don't have a 521 so I can't confirm...but Skype is on WP8.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte