News Reviews

johnbash612

Oct 28, 2012
Visit site
I'm so surprised that there are STILL no reviews out from the main technews sources. Usually a phone releases and there are tons of reviews within a few hours Not very accurate considering the timeframe they used it for, but still at least SOME reviews. Obviously this phone doesn't have enough hype. I'm probably going to choose the 8XT over the Neo just because I seriously cannot wait any longer and the Neo, to me, is very ugly.

stmav

Retired Moderator
Sep 18, 2012
Visit site
It really is disappointing so far. Here we've had what, two people mention they got it today. Earlier I was over checking the Sprint community and not one person posted they had one yet.

johnbash612

Oct 28, 2012
Visit site
Even the HTC 8XT website has nothing. I'm just sitting on reddit hoping some people comment a little more on it other than "its thin and pretty". SOON

Jan 3, 2008
Visit site
I have only found one deal breaker so far, hope fully a fix for it.
I have a Plantronics Voyager Pro HD Bluetooth head set and when the headset is on the phone will not ring. Only rings in the headset. I have been looking for a setting or something but so far cannot find a fix.

I was concerned about the screen resolution but after using it today it is fine. Don't really see any difference in normal use in size or clarity than my sons Samsung Galaxy S3 that is the chassis for the Neo.

skillit0

Dec 13, 2011
Visit site
I was thinking the same thing. I did a search yesterday and this morning and the only thing that I was able to come up with was this HTC 8XT Unboxing YouTube - YouTube other than that there are no other new anything about the 8XT. I find It very odd that there has not been a single review as of yet.

johnbash612

Oct 28, 2012
Visit site
Just got it too, I love it so far, I don't use any Bluetooth devices so the headset is a non-issue for me but I'm sorry you're having problems with it. I actually notice the screens low resolution, but only when I'm very zoomed out on some letters. The resolution works well with any app though as the letters are much bigger, just once in a while when I'm cruising IE i'll notice it.

Descanso

Sep 11, 2012
Visit site
Thank you for the very informative review. Interesting tidbit about FM radio/Headphones.......Also is California blue the only color Sprint offers?

enthuz

Oct 8, 2012
Visit site
I'm amazed at how light the phone is in my hand. I do see what you mean about the color too. It still looks good though. The screen is good for normal use. I didn't get to test video playback. The camera didn't disappoint either.

Sent from my PG86100 using WPCentral Forums mobile app

mrmdj31675

Banned
Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
I'm amazed at how light the phone is in my hand. I do see what you mean about the color too. It still looks good though. The screen is good for normal use. I didn't get to test video playback. The camera didn't disappoint either.

My thoughts as well when I played with the demo device at the local corporate Sprint Store. Not a bad device, and got to test LTE. Some will like it, some will wait for the Ativ S Neo.

adamyedlin

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Not only are there no reviews online to speak of, even here at WP Central, they haven't even moved the phone out of the Upcoming Devices section. So sad.

enthuz

Oct 8, 2012
Visit site
Not only are there no reviews online to speak of, even here at WP Central, they haven't even moved the phone out of the Upcoming Devices section. So sad.

Yes, that is sad considering that WPCentral is the defacto source of everything Windows Phone.

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using WPCentral Forums mobile app

mrmdj31675

Banned
Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Perhaps that is something of concern, maybe because of some factors which I am not going to mention for obvious reasons (just check the article about the 8XT FCC docs and the comments of someone in regards to the devices and Sprint).

I feel at times this site is very harsh on the carriers on the CDMA who decided to wait or perhaps being avoided by Microsoft in regards to Windows Phone (their actions speak louder than words).

enthuz

Oct 8, 2012
Visit site
I agree with you on this. I'm not blind to the issues Sprint brought onto themselves, however it isn't like there aren't a lot of Sprint customers. I'm a very happy customer who believes that a site dedicated to WP's should be "dedicated to all WP's".

mrmdj31675

Banned
Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Sprint is addressing the issues, but the lack of CDMA support on Windows Phone 7 can only be blame on Microsoft. If Sprint was to be blamed, then every CDMA carrier in the US market needs to be blamed as well.

I think this is more of a way to say "We Hate Sprint" since the Pre 3 situation, which has been caused by HP. I hope someone from the team of writers can actually give the 8XT a proper review here since it has been almost a week since the device has been made available. It's unacceptable waiting for a review just because is from the carrier hated the most by someone who I will keep nameless because if I mention the name it could be considered as an attack.

stmav

Retired Moderator
Sep 18, 2012
Visit site
Nameless isn't helping your innuendo, you aren't fooling anyone and have been warned before. It's in your best interest to stop. E-mail or pm the person you have an issue with. Any further posts like this will result in infractions.

theefman

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site
Sprint is addressing the issues, but the lack of CDMA support on Windows Phone 7 can only be blame on Microsoft. If Sprint was to be blamed, then every CDMA carrier in the US market needs to be blamed as well.

I think this is more of a way to say "We Hate Sprint" since the Pre 3 situation, which has been caused by HP. I hope someone from the team of writers can actually give the 8XT a proper review here since it has been almost a week since the device has been made available. It's unacceptable waiting for a review just because is from the carrier hated the most by someone who I will keep nameless because if I mention the name it could be considered as an attack.

Maybe the question is why are you apparently so concerned with promoting and defending Sprint? Your comments in news articles that mention Sprint are always bringing this alledged lack of CDMA support up (even though VZW uses CDMA) and mentioning how "Mr Nameless" :) hates them but at the end of the day its the actions of Sprint themselves with the WP devices they get is probably why they dont get any coverage. For instance, encouraging the tradein of the HTC Arrive, and now with their latest WP8 device but you wouldnt know it when looking at their site.

So please stop portraying Sprint as some injured entity suffering from the evil and spiteful actions of "Mr Nameless", they have the power to support the WP devices they have and they choose not to, so unless that is somehow as a result of WPCentral's supposed hate, the lack of promotion or review units is all on Sprint and up to them to resolve.

mrmdj31675

Banned
Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Then explain to my why no CDMA carrier outside of Verizon decided to join the launch of WP8, besides the FACT WP8 did not have the proper and required Qualcomm CDMA code, and no carrier will touch China Mobile CDMA coded devices in the US (and perhaps everywhere outside of China).

That person who will rename nameless has been bashing Sprint without presenting any facts, especially knowing the FCC ordered Mcrosoft to become Qualcomm compliant two years ago, which meant NO CDMA devices for the second generation of WP7 devices (and before you mention Huawei and US Cellular, that device was a first generation device with 7.5 Mango installed) for any US carrier. Can you blame that on Sprint as well? If you do, you need to revise your strategy to try to change my mind as well as others who support Sprint or any non participating CDMA carrier.

Your argument is very flawed! Try another strategy because it will not change my stand as well as others here in regards to the "stepchild" treatment Microsoft has given CDMA carriers in the US, even though CDMA is the dominant cell technology last time I checked.

Enough of the off topic discussion. I think it's time the 8XT is reviewed, and most of the wpcentral community would like to see one from one of the writers.

enthuz

Oct 8, 2012
Visit site
One would think that promoting, by reviewing, the WP8 brand as a whole would be positive for the advancement of the OS. I can find issues with all carriers, but that isn't the purpose of a "hardware" review. Now if you do a carrier review then that would be different. Let's face it, the WP8 family isn't that large so let's promote and support it fully and without bias. I would love to see an indepth review of the 8XT, Neo and any other new release of WP8.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs