So, who's tempted to a 625?

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site

Chemilinski

Jan 15, 2013
Visit site
Wow I did not realise that the Ativ S cost so little now, Chregu... however even knowing that now, I'm still very much tempted to get a 625, even though I recently got a 520. With a Samsung device you won't be getting Nokia's exclusive apps (I cannot live without Cinemagraph, I use it so often) and their own updates like Amber. The price of the phone in my mind includes more than just the very hardware itself, but the software you can get with it and support with updates. Nokia is unbeaten in WP at this. (plus I prefer the looks of any Lumia over any Samsung :winktongue:)
However it better be available in Poland as I'm moving there in a month for university ... Do we know which countries the 625 will be coming in September to?

LMZR

May 15, 2013
Visit site
I was gonna give the 520 to my father while I grab a 1020.

The 625 looks pretty good (and competitive) for its features and price.

ejb222

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
depends on how the camera performs. I haven't read enough about the phone to know which carriers. I just like the fact that this probably means that there will be at least another 4.7in screen on another Lumia going forward. 930? 1030? 830? 730? which one? or more?

anon(5348756)

Sep 28, 2012
Visit site
Hmmm... Frankly the 620 seemed better to me. I'm reading reports on washed out screens on the 625 and not great contrast. The 620 screen has always been good and costs around $200, that's a full $100 less than the 625 - not worth the extra money just for a bigger screen that isn't good. I was doubting between the 620 and the 720, but the 720's screen and camera are much better than the 620, so I guess my decision has been made! I wanted to see how this 625 was going to turn out... now I'm sure I'm getting the 720.

bigkevbosky

Nov 22, 2011
Visit site
There's no reason for this phone to exist. Nokia still trying to throw everything at the wall and see what sticks. Normally I get what Nokia is doing, but this phone doesn't make any sense at all.

Muessig

Moderator Team Leader
Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
There's no reason for this phone to exist. Nokia still trying to throw everything at the wall and see what sticks. Normally I get what Nokia is doing, but this phone doesn't make any sense at all.

So, you're not planning on getting one then?

tissotti

Oct 26, 2011
Visit site

These lower end large screened phones are huge in Asia (the market WP and Lumias actually sell). Lumia 625 is going against multi million seller Samsung Galaxy Grand and "other" brands that take 32% of Chinese (world largest smartphone market) and their phablets.

For tens of millions, especially in India smartphone is their phone and PC. Though it is interesting how people will take Lumia 625 with WP. WP is no PC substitute that Android can be.

As for getting Lumia 625, no. I will be just fine with 920 and soon 1020. Met my brother today and might get him to buy it though. ;)

bigkevbosky

Nov 22, 2011
Visit site
So, you're not planning on getting one then?

I didn't say that. :)

I don't understand the phone, and I'm getting annoyed at Nokia's shenanigans. But I've gone through enough phones in the last few years to learn to never say never to any device. Being on AT&T, I had no interest in the 520 at all, until I saw I could get one for $99. That's an impulse buy, at that price.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo