HTC 8Xt Camera

SEKKDS

Oct 13, 2009
Visit site
Hello,

I ask of any previous Sprint HTC Arrive owners, who now have the Sprint HTC 8XT (or anybody who truly has experienced both):

Regarding the camera, is the 8XT better than the Arrive? IN PARTICULAR: Does the "shutter time" (that's what I will call it for now, I think that is what it is..??) improve with the 8XT?

My scenario: Having a can't-stand-still 4 year old, taking pictures of him always turned to a blur, even with the slightest of movement from him. That movement might even be from me and the process of taking the photo, just shifting the phone just a pinch. No OIS, right?

Secondly, when taking photos, attempting to get that very one-in-a-million moment's photo never would happen. Reason: I would get a photo of like a whole 1 second after I pushed the camera button/touched the screen to take the photo.

Bottom line, I'd get blurry photos probably 4 out of every 5 shots. I always got photo shots on my HTC Arrive of what seems like an eternity after the moment I was really attempting to capture.

So thus, question: Has HTC 8XT improved on these aspects of the camera? I own an Arrive, and I'm almost up for buying the 8XT...... if they improved upon this aspect, compared to the Arrive.

Thank you to anybody who can chime in on this from experience!!

Until then.....

Trunks817

Feb 7, 2013
Visit site
Hello!

The camera on the 8xt is pretty good. It isn't as good as the nokia lumia series but it is pretty good when you have ample lighting. In regards to your scenario of taking a picture of your child you would want to use the burst mode. You simply hold down the shutter button and it will take up to 20 continuous shots at about 4 pictures per second. when completed you get to review the best shot and delete the others. Pretty cool for taking action pictures or something with a lot of movement. if you don't use that feature it is still very quick. I would say about 1 picture per second pretty easily.

SEKKDS

Oct 13, 2009
Visit site
Hey "Trunks817"... thank you so much for your reply. I've heard of burst mode picture taking options. That is pretty much what I'd have to do, indeed. Thanks again for your reply!! I appreciate it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs