810 the best and worst phone ever made / T-Mobile Jump question / Long rant

toxicgreen

Jun 4, 2013
Visit site
Went into a T-Mobile store yesterday because I wanted to inquire about how much it would be to trade in my 810 for a 925. After 5 out of the 6 months of having this phone, running into issues almost every single day w/ the Other Storage, I realized I shouldn't be paying ~$70 a month for service on an unusable phone. And it has gotten to the point where I've deleted every single app that you can delete except for HERE Drive, I've deleted everything off my Skydrive and turned off the Skydrive photo and video upload, I have no photos or videos or games or music or podcasts on the phone, Live email is not synced nor is the calendar, no other email accounts synced anymore, I've deleted my Internet Explorer history more times than I count, deleted my maps history, reset Office, deleted my Bing/search history, I have a 32GB microSD in here, I've deleted all content using that option on the Windows Phone app on my iMac. Still...no space. For the past few weeks, no matter what I do, I have hovered between 0.00 bytes and 3 megabytes or so if I'm really lucky. So I'm stuck CONSTANTLY deleted history and trying what I can that I think would free up some space hoping to free up a couple megabytes.

I've done virtually everything I possibly can save for a reset (it might come to this but I don't want to risk losing the only things on my phone - texts and IE faves just to have space for a month or so and run out again). Sick of seeing every single other WP8 phone updated or given a fix except 810. Shrink Storage and all those other apps do not work. Period. Maybe Shrink Storage does since the recent update, but I don't have enough space to download any app. (When the update comes, I'm going to delete the maps from Drive for space for it).

Yesterday I deleted my Facebook account off the phone. That freed up about 40 megabytes. Heaven! But it will certainly be gone in a couple days through no fault of my own.

ANYWAYS, went into T-Mobile inquiring about the price of a 925. I got the 810 on New Year's Eve, so I knew I'd probably have to pay some sort of fee, but having this phone with so much potential and having the otherwise wonderful WP8 OS, and only being able to take advantage of their features at a fraction of what I could be is excruciating. Figured maybe w/ the insurance I have, the fact this phone is unusable and EOL, and the Jump program and everything I thought maybe I could get some sort of reasonable deal.

Turns out they'd give me 89 dollars if I trade in the 810, I would have to pay a $200 fee, and then of course the price of the new phone ($50 plus $20 a month, I think). So I asked well can I join the Jump program. The T-Mobile employee told me you can only join the Jump program when you're buying a new phone, and of course that would require the fee.

Is this true? How is Jump a solution for current customers? I would be paying what a new customer would pay for the phone, with a $200 fee on top of that. It's really annoying to see them start all this no-contract stuff I can't participate in even though I'm a paying, loyal customer; and advertise it on the envelope my bill comes in to rub it in.

I never thought I'd have a worse experience than with the HTC Touch Pro on Sprint, but I thought I'd give Windows Phone another chance because I really like the direction Microsoft has been heading in and I really like WP8. I'm not going to switch to iPhone or Android or anything, but might just get rid of having a phone altogether and go join the Amish people. I think they have the right idea.

Last edited:

Guzzler3

May 4, 2012
Visit site
I've done virtually everything I possibly can save for a reset (it might come to this but I don't want to risk losing the only things on my phone - texts and IE faves just to have space for a month or so and run out again).

Just reset the thing. Just go to Settings, backup, app list+settings, back up now. Just to make sure your texts, favorites, etc. Is backed up (except for you game levels). Then reset your phone. The Other space will shrink, but eventually grow again, until MS patches the operating system. Crossing our fingers that tmo won't block the updates.

wiseguywood

Apr 27, 2013
Visit site
Toxic,

Why not get a replacement? I've had mine for 3 months and don't have any of the issues you do, but if I did, it would be unacceptable as well. Best of luck at any rate!!

rdubmu

May 25, 2011
Visit site
I am such a phone junkie, my only concern is that T-Mobile usually doesn't get the best phones, and also they usually get them late. The 925 would have been great if it was released along side the 920. Instead they release it against the 1020 which is a much superior phone. Worst part is they only put in 16 gigs of memory on this. The minimum should be 32 gigs.

If this can be corrected i will be jumping back on with tmobile once my contract ends. The At&T next is only a financing deal for a new phone.

waazzupppp

Sep 28, 2009
Visit site
Obviously as soon as you say Contract and T-Mobile in the same question you have to stop... Anything pre-Simple Choice plans isn't eligible for the new programs. That said, lets visit this "Jump Deal" for what it is. For $49 down you get a new Lumia 925... Then for $20 a month you finance it for 24 months... Then you pay an additional $10 a month for the Jump program... There we go... Now at the end of your first 6 months, you have $50 out of pocket for the phone - $100 in payments towards the phone and $60 in Jump payments (or $210 total)... You then walk in to your T-Mobile store in January when the 1025 comes to T-Mobile and plop down $300 for that and hand back the $210's you have invested in the form of the 925 right back to T-Mobile...

This "Jump" deal is far from a deal for anyone but T-Mobile. You basically pay $35 a month to rent your phone... Then when you upgrade to something more expensive, you can almost double that payment!

b3rni3703

May 22, 2013
Visit site
i refused to join the Jump Program and told the ref that why would I pay for a phone per month + the whole "Plan" bill when I can always take advantage of purchasing an unlocked device and do whatever I want with it and not be treating it as a "RENT"

waazzupppp

Sep 28, 2009
Visit site
Especially when Nokia is bringing out such decent LOW end devices for under $150! Have you ever seen a phone as strong as the 520/521 for $100-150?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGlucoPremium