Nokia Lumia 900 Doesn't Finish Updating

kellyasmyth

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site
I've had my Nokia Lumia 900 since last October and never ran into any issues until I tried to update it. I receive the notification telling me there is an update available, plug it into my computer, and then zip. Nothing happens. It shows the progress bar and says it is updating and the "Do not use or disconnect until update is complete" message shows, but it never stops or comes off that screen until I disconnect. I've had my phone plugged in for a few hours at several different times and to this day it has never updated. As soon as I disconnect my phone, it still says there is an update available. I've been tolerating the old software for many months now, obviously, but my phone has recently been glitchy and I think this is why so I'd really like to either figure out how to fix it or get a new phone altogether. Perhaps my phone is a dud, but if anyone else has had a similar problem, please let me know what I can do. Thanks!:wink:

kellyasmyth

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site
No I haven't tried that. I have a laptop and usually use the same port every time. Do you think that could really make a difference though? My laptop recognizes the phone when I plug it and and begins the update, it just never really updates it. I will try a different port though. Thanks for the suggestion!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99