Want to purchase this phone this weekend

grizzlyaddams

Aug 1, 2013
Visit site
On Sprint, with no intention of changing carriers. Owned several Evo and Epic era android phones, moved to iPhone 4, now considering the HTC 8XT. I really like the cosmetic design of the phone. Do not have much experience with Windows Phone 7 or 8. I'm fairly tech-savvy and have read the small number of existing reviews for the phone.

It seems to have only a few good games but most of the major apps are available. I loved my iPhone originally because it was always the first device to get the newest and hottest mobile game (huge core gamer), but even for high profile releases I don't really care anymore, so I wouldn't mind the scant selection on Windows Phone too much. I don't do much gaming or even productivity. Mainly media and web browsing on my phone now.

So, unless someone has more insight to those statements, I have one remaining concern. I read a forum post just now where someone said when they entered an area of spotty cellular reception, the device became sluggish and at times unresponsive. In the back of my house I often get only 1 to 2 bars of signal, and in my office I only get 1 to 2 bars of signal on the extended roaming network at sometimes 1X speeds. This has never caused my iPhone to change its behavior in regards to UI responsiveness. Sure, I would have to attempt a text more than once occasionally, but listening to offline music, reading old emails, and navigating the UI etc has never been affected. If low or absent signal causes the HTC 8XT to perform poorly it would essentially be useless to me.

Does anyone have experience in this regard? Hoping to make a decision by tomorrow or saturday. Thanks!

grizzlyaddams

Aug 1, 2013
Visit site
Thanks! Nice username btw. My first capactive touchscreen phone was the original Sprint Palm Pre. Before that I came from WinMo 6 with the Apache and Mogul.

Any word on whether or not Halo: Spartan Assault is going to support the WVGA resolution of the 8XT?

kwajr

Jan 23, 2012
Visit site
If you have a music pass and are playing DRM music with no signal there is lag when changing tracks think it tries to verify license.

My experience on 3 diff wp8 devices

grizzlyaddams

Aug 1, 2013
Visit site
It works pretty good on roaming, just make sure you go into the settings and enable it. I had no roaming at first, the settings are default no roaming. Also Cell Phones from wireless carriers Sprint, T-Mobile, Verizon Wireless, BlackBerry has the phone for free with an upgrade.

Saw some mixed reviews regarding service from LetsTalk.com, but free is hard to beat. I went ahead and placed my order using your RAF link, hopefully that helps you out and my order goes through without incident.

Jonathan Cable

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site
I bought mine from them, had no issue. Third time I have gotten a phone from them and never had an issue. Hope you enjoy your new phone as much as I am enjoying it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss