What will Lumia 900 owners upgrade to?

Oldmajor

Jun 14, 2011
Visit site
Last year I jumped ship from Sprint because of their lack of support for Windows Phone and my HTC Arrive. I jumped to AT&T and ordered my Lumia 900 and was happy with the purchase. I don't regret it, because it blows the Arrive away. I did regret finding out that the Lumia 920 would come out within the same year, and would almost render my deivce complete. It wasnt so bad until all of the new apps started to be developed for Windows Phone 8 only. Anyway, I am do for an upgrade next March but I may purchase a WP8 Device off contract in the next month or so. Should I purchase the 920 or the 1020 (camera isnt that important to me, i'm living with my 900 which i think is fine). I just don't Windows 9 or some next generation hardware to come out 6 months from now or March 2014 and render my device as irrelevent as my 900 feels.

sdreamer

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
Well WP 8 support was extended to 36mo, and the pace of things seems like Windows 8 is taking priority, I doubt that WP9 is really in the pipelines. I went with the 920 by chance (ATT messed up my 900), and can't find a reason to regret it. The 1020 is nice but you can get almost all of it in the 920 for 1/3 the price.
Seeing how you're getting your upgrade in March, I would wait for that time to see what's out. Maybe a new 9xx or 8xx might be released around then seeing how the timing is right now.

muumipeikko

Aug 16, 2013
Visit site
Considering they didn't upgrade to WP8, the lack of Skype support, the emptiness of the store, the high price for not-updated games, the lack of video formats supported, the lack of mass memory drive when connected to the PC, the missing offline mode for Nokia Maps, I'll upgrade to Samsung Galaxy Sx.

Harry Wild

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
Wait till the holiday season - November on....... to purchase a smartphone purchase. All the new technology will be in for the year!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss