HTC 8S Update insufficient storage available

MADD0G

Aug 17, 2013
Visit site
Hello,

This is my first post so I apologise in advance if it's a stupid question...

I've got an HTC Windows 8S and recently got a message saying a new software update was available. I tried to download it but got the message "Attention required. You need to make 175MB of storage available before you can download the update". As a result I deleted a few apps and tried again, but am still getting the same message. This is despite my phone displaying 445MB free space (phone, not SD card - that has 6.75GB free space) in my settings menu.

I'm aware of the issues with the "Other" files taking up storage space, but I've used apps like "Shrink Storage" that have increased the amount of free storage space, but I'm still getting the same message as above.

Any tips/suggestions would be much appreciated as it's just another reason for me to regret ever getting this sh*t phone in the first place.

Thanks.

WanderingTraveler

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
You should clear some more storage in order to get at least 800 MB.

That's simply the way it works, since the files are compressed and are therefore uncompressed in the Phone Storage.

MADD0G

Aug 17, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for your reply. Even if I delete all my music, videos, pictures and apps it'll still only give me an extra 60MB storage space. The problem is that "Other" files are taking up 1.10GB storage space and "System" files account for another 2.02GB.

MADD0G

Aug 17, 2013
Visit site
I ended up admitting defeat and backing up my phone before reseting it. It's a bit of a joke that you've got to do this just to update it. The Windows 8S could have been so much better but instead the most noticeable things about it are its flaws.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon