anyone got gdr2 update from huawei?

otonieru

Aug 17, 2013
Visit site
My Ascend W1 Firmware is on : 1030.5614.42200.20600 but it still not GDR2 version yet...

got chance to hands on the 21700 version, and same case, not GDR2 yet...

Ganatha

Aug 17, 2013
Visit site
Say, is it the official or "leaked" firmware?
And you saying its lacking on the cool features that come with GDR2, available on Lumias?

eitzel

Aug 18, 2013
Visit site
Yes, I received the GDR2 update last night (or at least I think I did). It's identical. No new features. There are CalDAV & CardDAV mentions in the GMail settings, but I can't remember if they were there before.

As a recent convert to Windows Phone, I'm beginning to feel that Microsoft has a deathwish with regards to this platform...

Berkay Kaya

Jul 3, 2013
Visit site
I got the official update and by the way guys i heard that when a company makes a deal with microsoft to use the windows phone 8 platform they have to update the phone software to the latest so when ever there is a update we would get the update as well so when gdr3 is out we would get it as well and because huawei isnt adding anything and o2 doesnt as well we would get it relatively fast :D and for the other folder there is a bit of a fix which doesnt really help too much but basically what it does is it doesnt save the .xap files in the other folder any more so you can download as much as you want from the store and not do the " SD CARD" process :D

Berkay Kaya

Jul 3, 2013
Visit site
Huawei Ascend W1 will all ways be updated to latest software because in microsofts terms and conditions for wp8 all devices will be updated to latest software even if huawei isnt contributing to anything.

Berkay Kaya

Jul 3, 2013
Visit site
I think it depends more on your carrier than huawei because i all ready received GDR2 therefore its not huawei thats the problem its either the country your in or the carrier ;/

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)