Poor Placement of SSpeaker and Microphone

Smyrna5

Aug 15, 2013
Visit site
Well, I finally have a complaint about the 521. I like to use the speaker phone for hands-free writing etc. When I do, I often get a lot of feedback, echo, bad sound etc. I think I finally figured out why. Nokia put the external speaker on the back of the phone very close to the microphone. If the volume of the external speaker is turned up more than a smidgen, the microphone picks up the sound of the speaker and creates the problem. Anyone else noticed this?

Oakdale Dude

May 17, 2013
Visit site
I use the speaker phone for phones calls on almost every call and every once in awhile for banging out text msgs and I haven't noticed any type of feedback or sound interference as of yet.

Smyrna5

Aug 15, 2013
Visit site
Hmm, that's good to know. I wonder if my phone is defective. I have several pieces of recording equipment I use for recording songs I play and sing. On them, my voice sounds fine, no matter which mics I use. On my 521, however, my voice always sounds gravely and too deep.

Corepc

Mar 11, 2012
Visit site
I thought the earpiece which contains Microphone is the toward the top of phone and speaker is at the bottom.

Every once in a while I will get feedback when on speakerphone, but, not everytime. Usually just lower the volume level to 7 or 8.

What Volume do you have it set at?

Smyrna5

Aug 15, 2013
Visit site
I sometimes have my volume set pretty high, since I might be listening to music, or in a noisy environment,such as when I am driving, or want others to hear it. Normally, the sound comes out of the earpiece at the top of the phone, but when mine's on speaker phone, the sound comes out of the bottom speaker. According to page 6 or my manual the microphone is also at the bottom of the phone on the front where that tiny little hole is on the right side facing the phone.

Corepc

Mar 11, 2012
Visit site
I thought it was on top of phone, but I stand corrected. has pointed out in the manual at the bottom (just checked has well). I agree odd placement for microphone since the speaker is close.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGlucoPremium