GDR2 + Amber + Energizer wireless charger = constant chimes when full?

bigboy29

Jun 30, 2012
Visit site
Anyone use the Energizer wireless charger with their Lumia 822?

I have noticed that since Amber / GDR2 update, the phone - once charged - chimes periodically as it re-establishes the connection to the charger. I use the Energizer dual charger unit.

What seems to happen is that when phone is full, the charger stops charging it. Then, after a little while, the charger kicks in and phone "discovers" the charger again, giving me the "charging sound of happiness".

What is interesting is that it does not seem to happen with Nokia's charging plate. And it was definitely not happening before Amber / GDR2 update.

Anyone else noticed charging chimes like this?

anthonyng

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
I'm not certain yet but since the update I think my 920 and Nokia wireless charging plate has been 'chiming' more than usual. Seems to be extra picky about proper alignment but I'm not sure

Aug 23, 2013
Visit site
I have exactly the same Problem with the device (Energizer dual power-plate). Since the GDR2/Amber-Update i have a carillon.
Before the update it worked fine.
I use the Nokia Lumia 920

Regards
Daniel

theefman

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site
I can't figure it out but it seems like at times it is okay and sometimes it keeps chiming.

Just had this start happening a while ago after the phone had been charging for a while, had to place the phone a bit off center before it would charge properly. Had it on the Nokia charging stand most of yesterday at work and that didn't give any problems. Also sounds similar to the problems people are having with the 1020 and its charging shell. I'll keep an eye on it, if it continues I'll be posting in Nokia's support forums.

Actually as I was initially posting from the WPCentral app didn't realize this was the 822 forum, I use a 920 but the problem does seem to be common to several Lumia models.

Edit: so this time on reaching 100% it went into a loop of turning off charging then back on again. Think i'll just go ahead and post this on Nokia's support forum, definitely a bug fro Amber.

Last edited:

theefman

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site
I thought energiser was the other wireless standard??? Have they started doing qi now too?

I don't know if they switched the standard that they support but they did have chargers that supported the Qi standard when the 920 was released.

Amazon.com: Energizer Qi-Enabled 3 Position Inductive Charger (Black): Cell Phones & Accessories

For anyone who wants to add their comments I have started a thread on Nokia's forums, please post so they can hopefully look at the issue.

Lumia 920w Amber + Energizer Qi charging pad const... - Nokia Support Discussions

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rorymi6