Is it possible to add the "storage check" app to an 822 Verizon?

yeto

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
Will this auto-install with the Amber update and how can I tell if I have the update? Will the Amber update happen automatically or will I have to install the update manually?

Thanks in advance for any help,
yeto

pankaj981

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
Will this auto-install with the Amber update and how can I tell if I have the update? Will the Amber update happen automatically or will I have to install the update manually?

Thanks in advance for any help,
yeto
It doesn't install w/ amber, you have to manually install it from the link provided. To check for updates go to setting, phone updates and check for updates, GDR2 should start downloading if already not updated. You can check the version # in settings, phone info, the firmware version for GDR2 should start w/ 30....

Also after the update, download an app called SysApp Pusher and check for updates for all the Lumia System apps.

Kevin Rush

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site
It doesn't install w/ amber, you have to manually install it from the link provided. To check for updates go to setting, phone updates and check for updates, GDR2 should start downloading if already not updated. You can check the version # in settings, phone info, the firmware version for GDR2 should start w/ 30....

Also after the update, download an app called SysApp Pusher and check for updates for all the Lumia System apps.

I downloaded and installed GDR2 with Amber last night by going to "Settings > system > phone update > Check for Updates" and wasn't given a choice of installing Amber seperately. (You need at least 1 GB of free space, I would say, dispite a notice in the process that you need 200 MB. I kept uninstalling groups of individual Apps, trying again and getting error message "801882e8" then removing more Apps and trying again. Third time worked. About 2 hours total time. )

When completed, "Storage Check" was installed as part of the process. It is found at "Settings > system > storage check" After installing was done, I still had 7.2 GB of OTHER! Using Storage Check it is now 4.9 GB.

I've never found "SysApp Pusher" in the WP8 Store?

UPDATE August 25, 2013 3:23 PM CST:
I just received an App Update to Storage Check. It was indicated with a release date of 08/23/2013. I installed the update before checking what the date was on the original one. I don't see any differences. The Maps still don't indicate an option to move the Maps to the Storage Card, only to "Remove maps from your phone and download new ones."

- Kevin on Verizon Lumia 822

Last edited:

anon(123856)

Feb 9, 2013
Visit site
I downloaded and installed GDR2 with Amber last night by going to "Settings > system > phone update > Check for Updates" and wasn't given a choice of installing Amber seperately. (You need at least 1 GB of free space, I would say, dispite a notice in the process that you need 200 MB. I kept uninstalling groups of individual Apps, trying again and getting error message "801882e8" then removing more Apps and trying again. Third time worked. About 2 hours total time. )

When completed, "Storage Check" was installed as part of the process. It is found at "Settings > system > storage check" After installing was done, I still had 7.2 GB of OTHER! Using Storage Check it is now 4.9 GB.

I've never found "SysApp Pusher" in the WP8 Store?

UPDATE August 25, 2013 3:23 PM CST:
I just received an App Update to Storage Check. It was indicated with a release date of 08/23/2013. I installed the update before checking what the date was on the original one. I don't see any differences. The Maps still don't indicate an option to move the Maps to the Storage Card, only to "Remove maps from your phone and download new ones."

- Kevin on Verizon Lumia 822
I'm seeing the same thing on my 822. Storage Check was installed with Amber. And I don't seem to have the option to move maps to the sd card.

pmhgeneral

Dec 23, 2011
Visit site
It is the Lumia Storage Check BETA app that will give you the option to move maps to the SD card. The storage check under settings that comes with Amber does not have this option.

Lumia Storage Check | Nokia Beta Labs

Yes I see this now and I dug up this info and thanks for the heads up.

Lumia Storage Check
Official version released as an update via Store, but Beta 3 stays around.

We have just released the official version as an update via the Store. It has all the beta 3 features, except the one to store Maps on SD card. The decision to omit this feature was made after a survey sent out to many of you. A small, but still volume-wise significant number of users would be having trouble with the feature and we want to work on the SD card interface reliability a bit more before considering the inclusion of this feature again.

As the official version lacks the Maps-on-SD-card feature, we are going to keep the Beta 3 around for you who want to use it or revert back to using phone memory instead.

MSF1

Sep 9, 2013
Visit site
Hi,
I read the thread and it is not clear to me whether we should have both the Lumia Storage Check App and the Storage Check found in Setting > System.
I know the Lumia Storage Check is only 8 Mbs but I do not see any difference between the two.

Mandymoo11

Jan 19, 2013
Visit site
There is one HUGE difference. The beta app gives you the option to download the maps to the SD card instead of your phone memory. The 'storage check' under settings does not have that option. Check them both and you will see the difference.

My suggestion is to delete the maps from your phone, download and install the BETA app and then re-download the maps to your SD card.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss