Downloading files/apps using data plan

james05gt

Sep 3, 2013
Visit site
When I try to download large files or apps I keep getting the download only using wifi. Is there a setting where I can disable that? trying to download offline maps on my very slow verizon dsl :unhappy: would like to use my data plan because its way faster than my dsl. I've been looking for the setting for a while and can't seem to find it. Thanks guys! oh and this is my second day using a windows phone, been an android user for a while but I am liking windows so far!

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site

Paul Verizzo

Jul 20, 2013
Visit site
Every time "someone" protects us from ourselves, they step on someone's toes, like the OP.

The entire USA (if you are here, or want) is about 2.5 GB. That's a hell of a data plan if you can do that. Get Lumia Storage Check from the app store and you can put it all on the SD card. Seems to me that with a decent Comcast broadband connection, it took about three hours to download.

Maybe you can use a work, coffee shop, or friend's faster service?

darthhen

Jan 18, 2012
Visit site
DSL?! :shocked:

I don't think there's a setting to force data plan for downloading those maps.

Another suggestion is to goto a friend's house that has faster Internet connection. But I'm sure you would've thought of that already. :cool:

james05gt

Sep 3, 2013
Visit site
lol yup verizon dsl! more like dslow. Can't get fios around my area because of township issues. I would get comcast broadband but had a bad experience with them a couple of years ago and pretty much stuck with dsl till my township approves verizon to dig and install fiber optic cables. I'm pretty much all set with the offline maps, used a friends super fast wifi to download :smile:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3