Major camera issue, won't autofocus, HTC Titan II crashing

sakendrick

Apr 18, 2012
Visit site
I've been using my HTC Titan II for a year and a half now - no problems, love windows phone and the HTC. Out of the blue this morning, my phone crashed while taking a panoramic photo. Then began crashing all the time. Note there has been no trauma to the phone - not dropped, not wet, etc. The phone would crash every time I tried to take a picture. And by crash - it would just go blank and shut off. Sometimes it might restart itself other times I'd have to power on.

It also started this crashing/shutting down when using other apps - facebook, windows phone search... Once charging it seemed to function a little better. Able to access most functions but the camera would still not work. I would try to take a picture and it would never autofocus. eventually it would take a horribly blurry picture or it would crash.

I tried
- removing all kinds of content to free up space
- removing SIM card
- hard reset to factory settings

Still have this odd behavior with the camera. Will not focus or take pictures. Sometimes shuts down.

Any suggestions? Would AT&T help if I took it to them? (assuming it is out of warranty but I am still in contract)

PB_H

Banned
Jun 11, 2013
Visit site
Out of warranty is out of warranty as far as carriers go unless it's within a few days of the expiration date.
Sorry about the camera that blows, maybe it is the battery door issue -good luck.

sakendrick

Apr 18, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for the suggestion - If by battery door you mean the one panel for accessing the SIM card, no it appears to be firmly seated and sealed (the battery is not accessible in the Titan II without removing screws and the back plate). I did remove top panel that covers the camera lens and cleaned it in case any sand or dirt may have been interfering with the lens. When I switch to that camera I now here an audible click almost as if something mechanical is wrong. From my research it sounds like many people with the HTC One have had similar problems with no obvious fix. The front (screen facing) camera works fine.

The re-boots and battery issues are oddly intermittent. Other than the camera it seems to have been working fine the past 2 days. It could be that trying to use the camera causes the issues.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3