Broken Grey Unlock Screen

Amy662

Sep 10, 2013
Visit site
Ok let me begin by saying this is my first smart phone ever and I am not very tech smart so bare with me.

About 3 weeks ago my nokia lumia 810 forced me to do a software update. This was not like the normal app updates that it typically does. The screen was stuck on the spinning gears for about 5 minuets. Ever since then I have had the horrible screen unlocking problem. I have already done a master reset. After doing the master reset the problem happened much less frequently, only once a day for the first couple days but now it has gone back to how it was before which is about every other time I pick up my phone.

When I hit the unlock/power button a dull grey screen shows up. I have to hit the button again to get off of it and again to try to get the right screen to show up. Sometimes I have to hit the button 20 times before my correct unlock screen shows up. Also 90% of the time it is this grey screen but on occasion a the screen will stay black but the windows and search buttons at the bottom will light up, sometimes the screen even gets that snow look when I hit the unlock button.

I saw one other post on her with someone who had the same problem with a phone they ordered online however my phone did not always do this. Its soooooooo aggravating. PLEASE HELP

Muessig

Moderator Team Leader
Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
Any chance you can post a screenshot of the lockscreen that's broken and describe if / what you're doing when this happens? The only time I've experienced a grey lockscreen is when I've been playing music through a music app that has no album art for the track or artist playing, so the app (often Xbox Music) will just display a grey lockscreen.

mjaiteh

Feb 5, 2013
Visit site
I had this problem literally two weeks ago :
Videos(Ignoe the egg pictures from my photography class):
https://skydrive.live.com/pagenotfounderror
https://skydrive.live.com/pagenotfounderror

I just bought my phone off ebay and after the next day I was experiencing these issues. I did mater resets and even a complete reflash, but no luck. Luckily the phone was under warranty and I sent it to Nokia and they fixed it, it was noted as defective. Sadly they didnt give me too much detail as to what the issue was, I reccommend checking your warranty status and sending it into them.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb