Call answer screen bug

awkm

Jul 13, 2013
Visit site
Wondering if anyone else has experienced this somewhat annoying bug on their W1 or if it's a fault with WP8 itself.

Basically when receiving a call after hitting Answer (or ignore) the screen basically freezes. The call will answer and I can talk to the other person but it still shows the incoming call screen and the answer or ignore buttons. Both buttons, after initial press become unresponsive. All other buttons (back, start, search) also become unresponsive. I can not hang up the call or get back to the start screen. I have to physically remove the battery and reset the phone.

It doesn't happen all the time but it's rather annoying as my building has a buzzer system that will dial my cell phone. When I answer the call I can talk to whoever is at the door. To let them in I have to hit 6 on the keypad...if the screen is locked at the incoming call screen obviously I can't do it ;)

Any ideas?

It's literally the only glitch I have with this phone but having a buzzer it's actually quite a pain sometimes lol

DBDev

Jan 13, 2012
Visit site
I couldn't find any information on it, so you seem to bee pretty alone with it. A hard reset might help, but that will remove all data on your phone.

awkm

Jul 13, 2013
Visit site
I couldn't find any information on it, so you seem to bee pretty alone with it. A hard reset might help, but that will remove all data on your phone.
Yea didn't see anything myself. Reset the phone this morning. Actually a pretty simple and civilized affair. Backed up my apps and settings and then reset. Only took a few minutes. Had to rearrange my start screen but mostly it was pretty much all as it was before.

At work so not really getting/making calls at the moment...will see over the next few days if the problem is still there. If it is I might take it back to my provider and ask for a new one as it's pretty frustrating having to rip the battery out from time to time.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taylormcintire