Experience with using 521 without a cover

Harry Wild

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
I always had a cover for my cell phones but I was wonder if anyone has use theirs without a cover on it and how is the back? Just wonder if it scratches easily, etc...

montsa007

Ambassador
Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
Matte - Picks dirt and dust, body oils easily.
Glossy - Gets microscopic scratches visible at angles.

Me? - Using a L720 (Glossy), have the scratches but they don't make me sad or depressed, besides the device looks slick.

P.S. - Your username...

Corepc

Mar 11, 2012
Visit site
No Case, No Cover or ScreenProtector on mine. I carry mine in a camera case. The Great Thing about the 521 is the back cover comes off. Easy to pop off and wash off with a little water. Does get a little dirty from time to time, but, it usually just wipes off. Probably easier to keep clean than the glossy, has for scratches would be hard to notice unless they are really deep.

Smyrna5

Aug 15, 2013
Visit site
I owned my 521 for a week before I bought a silicone rubber type cover. The raw phone was just too slippery for me. I dropped it 3 times before I got the cover. Fortunately, it was usually on the carpet, so no damage. Haven't dropped it since I got the cover. I cant really speak to scratches, since I don't have any that I know of (yet?)

MsBuzzman

Jun 28, 2013
Visit site
I dropped mine with a wallet type case on- the kind opened at the top and bottom. It hit perfectly on a hard surface to dent the white back cover at the corner, and take the cover off, there is a black plastic rim all around the front face of the phone that the dent continued into. Acted like a shock absorber and prevented the glass from cracking. A little manual mushing it back flat, and the black rim looks almost normal, but the white back has a permanent dent into the corner. I have since added a tpu inside the wallet case for added protection.

Harry Wild

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
I decide to buy a black rubberized hard case for my 521. It the same case as my white that got dirty all the time and could not be cleaned very easily. Ending up using paint on it to over the spots. The black looks much better and from the front side; shows complete blackness. Very nice indeed!

KitN

Aug 3, 2013
Visit site
I use mine exclusively without a cover & it doesn't have a single scratch on it. (I've had it for nearly 2 months now.) :D

Sent from my Nokia Lumia 521

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon