GDR2 update on W1 - Strange Huawei reply

lupenyk

Sep 2, 2013
Visit site
What you think about GDR3 or WP Blue ?? :/ ..Microsoft must do somethong with this because they guarantees 36 month support of every device!!!..i hope they skip only GDR2 because W1 dont have FM Transmitter

Thanasis1968

Aug 20, 2013
Visit site
What you think about GDR3 or WP Blue ?? :/ ..Microsoft must do somethong with this because they guarantees 36 month support of every device!!!..i hope they skip only GDR2 because W1 dont have FM Transmitter

But british O2 operator has already delivered GDR2 to its W1s...And you can download other GDR2 enabled ROMs and manually install them!

I don't think FM radio is the issue

lupenyk

Sep 2, 2013
Visit site
Yeah i know that O2 has GDR2 so i don't know what's the problem.Why Huawei can't get it to all.I just switch from Android to WP because of support and updates :/ it's,sucks....i hope we will get some other updates :/

montsa007

Ambassador
Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
Yeah i know that O2 has GDR2 so i don't know what's the problem.Why Huawei can't get it to all.I just switch from Android to WP because of support and updates :/ it's,sucks....i hope we will get some other updates :/

I just switch from Android to WP
The good - You made a switch
The bad - You chose the wrong weapon :/

Daniel Rubino

Editor-in-chief
Staff member
Jan 19, 2006
Visit site
Folks, Facebook, while a popular (and IMO, stupid) social network is not the end all, be all for customer support or official company policy.

The fact is, Huawei has a GDR2 ROM for the W1 as evidenced in this very forum. There are also reports of users on Vodafone and O2 getting the update as well as those in China.

In other words, I would not put too much into this FB statement. They're a Chinese company and a lot gets lost in the shuffle.

Fade_z

Jun 15, 2013
Visit site
They garanteed wp8 phone upgradability, not if some a-hole chinese company decides not to support it.
MSFT delivers it to the OEM's and they decide what to do with it

montsa007

Ambassador
Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
But when somebody gives you complete update and You only must send it to the customers.. it sad but funny too ..

I really don't think so, MS must have given everyone the raw update which the manufacturer needs to customize as per his phone model.
Maybe Huawei was not interested in that.

Thanasis1968

Aug 20, 2013
Visit site
I just got an answer from the Greek Huawei FB group, concerning GDR2:

"Due to technical problems, this update is not available for the moment..."

I suppose this answer applies to the rest of the world, not only Greece...

I also sent an e-mail to mobile@huawei.com asking about GDR2. This is the Huawei Device Customer Care Team.
Of course, they didn't spend more than 30 seconds, they suggested to contact local Huawei...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)