Crackling speakers

dorelse

Mar 25, 2011
Visit site
Is anyone else having problems with crackling speakers on their 8xt?

Yes, very occasionally. I had it for a day or two and it hasn't reoccurred since.

For me, it was anytime the speaker was used...games, voicemail (not on speakerphone), music, anything...it was universal. I haven't had it in a while, and I have had a reboot in there sometime, but can't say that it was solved by that...

It would come and go at random...it would sound like a blown speaker...but would then go back to sounding fine.

ratsttam

Jun 5, 2013
Visit site
It's a known issue, if it's more like distortion, not a crackle right? If you are playing music, hit pause and then play and it usually clears right up. It happens to me most when it's reading text messages. Sprint tech says it will be fixed in an upcoming update, but would not/could not give any further information. I replicated the issue on their display model, the tech wiped it, and I was able to get it to fail again on the display model.

grizzlyaddams

Aug 1, 2013
Visit site
Yes as stated above it's a known issue, usually happens when the phone reaches out to the network while you're playing any type of media, happened most frequently with Pandora for me. Stopping or Pausing, then Resuming the audio playback usually solved it for me, with the exception of a couple of games (gameloft Uno)

dorelse

Mar 25, 2011
Visit site
Yes as stated above it's a known issue, usually happens when the phone reaches out to the network while you're playing any type of media, happened most frequently with Pandora for me. Stopping or Pausing, then Resuming the audio playback usually solved it for me, with the exception of a couple of games (gameloft Uno)

Well, that's a good theory, but I don't even have Pandora installed or stream any music. Mine cropped up today when receiving a text message...wouldn't quit until I rebooted the phone.

Hadn't occurred for a week or so before today.

grizzlyaddams

Aug 1, 2013
Visit site
I've had it happen at all sorts of times, including when getting text messages. I was just saying that for me personally it happened the most when using Pandora and driving through low-signal or dead zone areas. Keep in mind that receiving a text message also causes your phone to communicate with the network.

ratsttam

Jun 5, 2013
Visit site
yes it happens to me, normally I just reboot and it works like its supposed too

It seems to have been fixed (mostly) with the gdr3 update. Since gdr3, It's done it a total of twice, instead of several times a day prior. Make sure you've gotten the update. Go to Settings -> phone update, and hit "check now".

dorelse

Mar 25, 2011
Visit site
After the HTC firmware updates that accompanied their official GDR3 update, mine had disappeared completely until I installed Hill Climb Racing, then it happens occasionally. (Still far less than it used to.)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
abigial