Music Playback Question

adam220891

Sep 20, 2013
Visit site
Hi all. I've ordered the 521 and will be testing it out. I've never used WP8 and am coming from an HTC One V. I've read the sticky about music playback but am still confused.

I have a 16GB microSDHC card (class 10). It contains music. Am I not able to just insert this card into the phone and then listen to music? Also, I have a couple playlists I add to fairly often, like my gym playlist. Can this be done on the phone itself?

I'll be annoyed if I have to use specific software, but it would be helpful to know so I can get the device up and running when it comes in the mail. The great thing about linux/android/open source devices is you can just insert SD cards and use a file manager or other application to use your data, no need for proprietary software like WMP or iTunes.

jonathanrn

Apr 14, 2012
Visit site
The music may work without any issue. It probably depends on what directory structure it is in now. On WP8, I think you just throw all your music in a Music folder. If the HTC formatted the microSD with Fat32 and uses a simple Music folder to store the music, I don't see a problem. The playlists on the other hand.. I doubt they are compatible. You will need to go into the music hub, find to each song on the playlist, and tap/hold to 'add to now playing'. Once you are finished, go to the list and tap on the ellipsis (...) and tap on 'save playlist'.

adam220891

Sep 20, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for the reply.

Sadly, this device is great in everything but media playback.

All my songs without an album (but, with an artist tag) show up as various/unknown. Fine, could probably deal with that, but playlist support is horrible. I tried using WMP to do playlists, but it actually adds duplicates to my device!

So, I guess I need to go buy an mp3 player now, because it is critical I have a functioning player for the gym and can quickly add new tracks to the playlist(s). Why MS couldn't come up with something better is beyond me.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tallgeeselll05