cant receive text messages

onysi

Sep 18, 2011
Visit site
this is ridiculous. my DVP suddenly stopped receiving texts and this is my 2nd DVP since 2010. data, calls, seem to be working fine but texting aren't going through. my emails aren't going through either and any opened mails and live tile doesn't update, it still says there are unopened emails. So I'm not sure if this is a network problem or device problem. I am more certain that it is a device problem though because I just tested my sim to another phone and text was working nicely.

I am now ready to give this up and get another phone. I'm ready for the big lumia phone.

rdubmu

May 25, 2011
Visit site
You can't go wrong with any of the 92x or 1020 nokias.

Back on the subject. I would try a few things. Take the sim card out, and put it back in. If that doesn't work, do you have a enough memory on your devices?

Lastly, a hard reset might be your best bet but you could loose data and apps if they are no longer offered in the store.

onysi

Sep 18, 2011
Visit site
I did do a hard reset. this actually started happening after messing around with the settings. I went thru region+language setting and changed it around to different language to see what it looks like. I reverted back to English and the problem started happening. once in awhile, a text or two would go through right after I turn it on and off, then it goes dead again.

im on ebay right now looking around for a replacement. I cant give this up. lol I love dvp too much.

onysi

Sep 18, 2011
Visit site
I bought a lumia 521 prepaid to test drive the phone.. and im loving it. this is it.. i'm ready to give up DVP. I am going to sacrifice..... the keyboard until an OEM does these again, which is doubtful :(

Thank you for your help.

WanderingTraveler

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
I bought a lumia 521 prepaid to test drive the phone.. and im loving it. this is it.. i'm ready to give up DVP. I am going to sacrifice..... the keyboard until an OEM does these again, which is doubtful :(

Thank you for your help.
Wow. Good choice on your new phone.

Well, you will miss the physical keyboard of the DVP , and to be honest, I want one, but the WP keyboard will suffice for now. After all, it is one of WP's strong points.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGlucoPremium