Amber (officially) WHEN??

Guzzler3

May 4, 2012
Visit site
Well, it was released, then stopped by T-Mobile. Not sure when it will re-released, if at all. They may hold out to GDR3, maybe. We just never know with T-Mobile.

Guzzler3

May 4, 2012
Visit site
I think I found the possible battery draining bug on my phone. I installed "Insider" to monitor the battery. One feature of Insider, is shows your "Primary network connection" of Wi-Fi or cellular and the sub cellular data type.

Yesterday I was experiencing rapid power drain and I noticed that Insider showed that I was on cellular data, and the phone was rapidly alternating between "Cellular_3G" and "Cellular_HSPA"

PB_H

Banned
Jun 11, 2013
Visit site
I think I found the possible battery draining bug on my phone. I installed "Insider" to monitor the battery. One feature of Insider, is shows your "Primary network connection" of Wi-Fi or cellular and the sub cellular data type.

Yesterday I was experiencing rapid power drain and I noticed that Insider showed that I was on cellular data, and the phone was rapidly alternating between "Cellular_3G" and "Cellular_HSPA"

Insider is a huge drain, my phone was effectively in standby , blocked it and it when from just over 3.0% per hr to 0.73 % almost instantly.

PB_H

Banned
Jun 11, 2013
Visit site
So which battery monitoring app do you use?

#1 NONE of them give updates on any consistent basis and 0 of them give them every 30min, what they are hoping that you do which I would say 95% of us do is
open the live tile to make sure it's correct that so we don't actually wait until it updates. If you just let it sit none will update on a regular basis, and all the I've tried (at times) if left on their own will stay the same for up 8 hrs, Try it, don't open it at all and see how (not) often they update, it will surprise you.
I've tried Insider and Battery Pro+ which sort of sponsored by Nokia Poland ( Wunderman Polska) in other words not an official Nokia battery app and I'm current using this one
Battery | Windows Phone Apps+Games Store (United States)
When I leave my phone at my bedside and go to the start screen 7 hr later it isn't updated from the night before but it doesn't seem to use much battery, I guess BECAUSE (even tho' it's running in the background) it doesn't really do much anyway so the drain is minimal. Try one and don't tap the live tile all and see how often it "updates" on it own, if you want the current correct % in the meantime go to system and scroll down to battery, it says % without even opening it.

I don't know why no developer has created an app shortcut to the battery saver, it's correct and it shows what's important and you can turn on or turn off the battery saver. There are shortcuts to many of the other important settings like Wi-Fi, Network, Bluetooth, Messaging, Emails, Location, Airplane that are turned on or off on a regular basis, why not one to the battery saver, it only makes sense. Who needs one that drains the battery and doesn't update on any regular basis?

Last edited:

Guzzler3

May 4, 2012
Visit site
PB_H,

That has been my "go to app" for checking battery stats for quite awhile, until the other day after I reset my phone (more dinking around than I should be doing). The Battery app was de-listed on the store. Went looking for other apps.

I ended up loading practically all the battery apps I could find and letting them run for a couple of days (even put the aforementioned app back on when it was relisted). I don't recommend everyone to do this, as all of those apps combined really sucked the life out of the battery. After weeding out the ones that I didn't like (esthetics) I was left with Battery and Insider.

Battery keeps showing higher discharge rates, and my battery life was shortened.

I really wish there was an event view, process monitor in WP. Similar to what's available on desktop Windows. It would really help and trying to figure out what's going on.

PB_H

Banned
Jun 11, 2013
Visit site
PB_H,

That has been my "go to app" for checking battery stats for quite awhile, until the other day after I reset my phone (more dinking around than I should be doing). The Battery app was de-listed on the store. Went looking for other apps.

I ended up loading practically all the battery apps I could find and letting them run for a couple of days (even put the aforementioned app back on when it was relisted). I don't recommend everyone to do this, as all of those apps combined really sucked the life out of the battery. After weeding out the ones that I didn't like (esthetics) I was left with Battery and Insider.

Battery keeps showing higher discharge rates, and my battery life was shortened.

I really wish there was an event view, process monitor in WP. Similar to what's available on desktop Windows. It would really help and trying to figure out what's going on.

I'm a little confused, you say that "The Battery app was de-listed on the store" then say .....I was left with Battery and Insider ??

The Battery app is still there, it's still published and still hardly worth the effort to install it.

Battery | Windows Phone Apps+Games Store (United States)

Unless you mean Battery Pro+ and it's also still published. http://www.windowsphone.com/en-us/store/app/battery-pro/a11aae5a-b595-4a87-ae4d-9dea0de375d1

Guzzler3

May 4, 2012
Visit site
No. That app (Battery by Arthur Semenov) was delisted for a short time, meaning it was there in the store, but you could not install. It was just a weird coincidence that it happened when I decided to reset my phone. Within 24 hours it was back as being able to install. But that initiated me to try other battery monitoring apps.

L0KII

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Stop going OT.:eck: btw... yesterday, my 810 alerts me that there was an OTA update.. I downloaded and installed it. Now i have amber too.. the strange thing, is that i don't see any problem like battery drain, or poor camera quality.. tested till today: great pics, more faster than before, and battery is the same! (so really good).. maybe NOW THE UPDATE IS FIXED? ....I thought tmo/MS had blocked the OTA update..

ThaKrazyOne

Aug 4, 2013
Visit site
Hello there I just picked up a used Lumia 810 and set it up with T-Mobile. This morning I had an update and now I am running on Amber so IT IS available. So go and check for an update and it should be available

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rorymi6