Questions about 521 from Tmoblie

thewind56

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
Hello,

I am getting a 521 from Tmo on monday but i have some questions about it.

1. How many apps are pre installed and how many of those can be uninstalled from the phone? i.e bloatware
2. How much room is there for apps? (after the OS)
3. Any issues w/ the 521?
4. How's the battery life?
5. What are your favorite apps? i.e weather, games camera lenses etc.
6. Any other tips for using Windows 8 would be helpful

Thank you for your help

Last edited:

Corepc

Mar 11, 2012
Visit site
1) everything can be uninstalled, expect the OS apps (office, onenote,)
2) OS is about 2gb so around 5-6gb is free if you removed all apps that can be removed
3) I have not had any issue, but, you can browse through this forum section and see some have a had a few problems which usually can be fixed.
4) Do not use any google expect (youtube) can't help
5) I get about 18 hours medium usage, 8 - 12 heavy usage. Usage Varies depends on many factors like signal strength, apps running, daily activities.
6) For apps see this thread http://forums.windowscentral.com/no...what-some-your-favorite-apps-lumia-521-a.html
7) Windows 8 tips read this http://forums.windowscentral.com/windows-phone-8/204483-wp8-newbie-tips.html

Smyrna5

Aug 15, 2013
Visit site
+1 to what Corepc said. I've had my 521 a bit over a month now, and I love it. Like any smart phone, it has a few quirks but for the price you can get one for, its a bargain.

Eric J F

Feb 12, 2013
Visit site
I'll add a very enthusiastic thumbs up for the 521. I have an HTC 8X, which I like, but it cost about 4 times the Lumia. The 521 is an amazing bargain.

My wife's 521 gets excellent battery life. She doesn't use the data connection but it's on WiFi most of the time. We have most of the settings off (NFC, Bluetooth, location, etc) and the minimum background apps running. She only has to charge it every couple days.

We really like Battery Sense; you can easily monitor battery level and rate.

The only problems were early on when it would freeze occasionally, but I think it was because it was her first smartphone and she didn't know to close apps. Once she figured that out and after a post-GDR2 hard reset, we haven't had a single problem.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs