Asphalt 7: Heat not working on Vivotab Smart

Abdul Rahman Noor

Jan 11, 2013
Visit site
Hi everyone!

So I got myself a shiny new Vivotab Smart a couple of days ago and eagerly downloaded my favourite racing game Asphalt 7; but unfortunately it doesn't seem to work - the Gameloft splash screen appears for a couple of seconds and then it comes back to the start screen.

Reading through the reviews, it appears plenty of people have had this problem with the Vivotab and apparently Asphalt 7 has a problem running on Atom tablets in general.

This page on the Gameloft forums sort of confirms the problem, but doesn't exactly help in any other way:
Gameloft Forums

I'm genuinely surprised something that runs on an ARM chip is not compatible with a full instruction processor like the Atom and wondering if this is limited to a few unfortunate products or a more general compatibility problem.

Anyone else have a similar problem?
How (if you have) did you manage to fix it?

Appreciate your help!

Abdul Rahman Noor

Jan 11, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for your reply, but did you read my post?
Someone's already reported this to Gameloft with the response "Please contact customer service" - which isn't possible because Asphalt 7 isn't even listed for Windows8

I've already tried re-installing it several times with the same results - as have plenty of other people from what I see on the reviews for this game.

As I said earlier, I'm surprised this isn't widely known yet given the huge popularity of Asphalt 7. Maybe Windows 8 is a smaller market than we believe...

pendulumss

Oct 1, 2013
Visit site
It's a problem on all Atom based systems right now. I don't know if it's an APU issue or Gameloft issue.
The Atom was optimized for tablet interfacing, but it doesnt too well with 3D.

Sekyal

Jun 8, 2013
Visit site
FYI Asphalt 8 is working fine on my Vivotab Smart. It doesn't help you with Asphalt 7 but its a great game and it is free.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)