Verizon 822

thatotherdude24

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
Anybody else notice Verizon no longer has the 822 listed on their website? I wonder if this would possibly mean a new one is coming...or perhaps Verizon is just dropping WP support already slowly.

thatotherdude24

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
No offence the DNA had top tier specs at launch. It was a flagship. 822 was just second tier even at launch. I'm not sure I should have got it.

Second tier to who? The 8X and 822 launched at the same time and the only difference was screen resolution and and the 822 has a microsd card slot.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk 2

rcazador

Aug 30, 2013
Visit site
Second tier to who? The 8X and 822 launched at the same time and the only difference was screen resolution and and the 822 has a microsd card slot.

Dude it had a 4.3" 800*480, sold at $99 8x had an amazing display and design and sold at $199. That is why it isn't flagship.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 4

thatotherdude24

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
Dude it had a 4.3" 800*480, sold at $99 8x had an amazing display and design and sold at $199. That is why it isn't flagship.

The design is personal opinion. Design doesn't make flagship, specs do.

I own an 822, I think it had a crisper display. Obviously your opinion is different. For having only 4 WPs now 3 I think Verizon was premature in dropping it. They carried the Trophy long after it ran its course even after WP8 phones were released, way more than a year and it didn't have killer specs.

rcazador

Aug 30, 2013
Visit site

I own an 822, I think it had a crisper display. Obviously your opinion is different. For having only 4 WPs now 3 I think Verizon was premature in dropping it. They carried the Trophy long after it ran its course even after WP8 phones were released, way more than a year and it didn't have killer specs.

Dude didn't you read what I said earlier. I just got one myself I just use the nexus 4 as a stand in. Also never used an 8x but heard the display was great. All I'm worried about is Verizon pushing the updates.

thatotherdude24

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
Dude didn't you read what I said earlier. I just got one myself I just use the nexus 4 as a stand in. Also never used an 8x but heard the display was great. All I'm worried about is Verizon pushing the updates.

I read what you said. What's my response have to do with not reading?

If you're worried about Verizon pushing updates it's not a good sign they already stopped selling it.

rcazador

Aug 30, 2013
Visit site
I read what you said. What's my response have to do with not reading?

If you're worried about Verizon pushing updates it's not a good sign they already stopped selling it.

It seemed like you though I was trolling/ belittling the 822 which was certainly not my intention.

thatotherdude24

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
It seemed like you though I was trolling/ belittling the 822 which was certainly not my intention.

If I thought you were trolling I wouldn't have responded, I've got better things to do then fight with trolls. When you deal with stupid or egos you'll never win.

11B1P

Sep 5, 2011
Visit site

We may never know the reason why. But, we don't need to speculate as to why either. All that does is start rumors which has the potential to do more harm than good.

Indistinguishable

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
We may never know the reason why. But, we don't need to speculate as to why either. All that does is start rumors which has the potential to do more harm than good.

Well, I don't think too much speculation is required. VZW wants to support one mid level & one high level NOK device. With the release of the 929 (1320), the 928 will become the mid level device, effectively replacing the 822 at that role.

thatotherdude24

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
Well, I don't think too much speculation is required. VZW wants to support one mid level & one high level NOK device. With the release of the 929 (1320), the 928 will become the mid level device, effectively replacing the 822 at that role.

Then why are there so many Android devices? There's definitely more than one in each role.

Indistinguishable

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
Then why are there so many Android devices? There's definitely more than one in each role.

WP8 is not android. We don't have the popularity or market share that android does. So carriers like VZW, T-Mobile, & Sprint (yuck), are slow to support multiple devices.

It's a shame, but it's part of the game.

thatotherdude24

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
WP8 is not android. We don't have the popularity or market share that android does. So carriers like VZW, T-Mobile, & Sprint (yuck), are slow to support multiple devices.

It's a shame, but it's part of the game.

I also think WP8 manufactures don't hype phones like Android manufactures do. Excitement sells, it's been a year since there's been a major hyped WP8, well the 1020 but even that wasn't big hype because it was only on AT&T.

Keith Wallace

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site

Yeah, they 8X also came with no Nokia apps. It was offered by a non-supportive company in HTC. The 8X had nothing but freaking pixels on the 822, which offered those Nokia apps and microSD support. Oh, sorry, it had a speaker amp. Whoo.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)