Screen scratched badly after only one month

Abdelrahman Adly

Oct 21, 2013
Visit site
lumia 625 is supposed to have a gorilla glass 2 screen isnt it ?

well, my mobile phone screen was scratched badly after only one month and i didn't drop the phone since i bought it !

so, what should i do ?

Abdelrahman Adly

Oct 21, 2013
Visit site
i dont know, maybe from my pocket or from the headsets but it is supposed to have gorilla glass 2 that doesnt get scratched with knives how can it get scratched from my pocket ?

Si Haworth

Nov 25, 2013
Visit site
Every day use such as putting your phone in and out of your pockets can use minor scratches, I think it's the lint?

First things first is buying a screen protector!

Anonymous_India

Oct 23, 2013
Visit site
Gorrilla glass.is manufactured through immersion in a molten alkaline salt bath using ion exchange to produce compressive residual stress at the surface. This prevents cracks from propagating - for a crack to start, it will first have to overcome this compressive stress...

Above **** means---if something is tough that doesn't meant it won't bear a scratch,these glasses are designed to bear intense instant as well as gradual compressive stresses whereas scratching means to apply shear stress and molecular arrangement in both cases acts differently,for example imagine lots of sand in a 4mx4m box and now put onto it a column of 3mx3m,it will stand there and perhaps bear some load to(compressive),however if you apply shear force then it will simply erode the layer of sand below it...Gorilla Glass 2,The new manufactured glass is better able to resist the deep scratches that cause glass to break and is more flexible.....so "deep" here refers to a stress which is more on compression side than shear......hope I helped....

Structural Engineer here :p

DBZo07

Oct 27, 2013
Visit site
I brought Lumia 625 with my friend. As a gorilla glass, my friend went over confident and dint purchased screen guard.. but I applied screen guard.. However, my friend's Lumia 625 got heavy scratches.. What kinda gorilla glass is this... Thank god i had kept matt screen guard.. Still my screen guard couldnt cover border of my phone.. And guess what, there is a scratch...
I have used HTC hd2, s2, strom2.. But never saw this on gorilla glass.. I suppose flipcover is only solution.

Sent from my RM-941_im_india_204 using Tapatalk

Jazmac

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
Gorrilla glass.is manufactured through immersion in a molten alkaline salt bath using ion exchange to produce compressive residual stress at the surface. This prevents cracks from propagating - for a crack to start, it will first have to overcome this compressive stress...

Above **** means---if something is tough that doesn't meant it won't bear a scratch,these glasses are designed to bear intense instant as well as gradual compressive stresses whereas scratching means to apply shear stress and molecular arrangement in both cases acts differently,for example imagine lots of sand in a 4mx4m box and now put onto it a column of 3mx3m,it will stand there and perhaps bear some load to(compressive),however if you apply shear force then it will simply erode the layer of sand below it...Gorilla Glass 2,The new manufactured glass is better able to resist the deep scratches that cause glass to break and is more flexible.....so "deep" here refers to a stress which is more on compression side than shear......hope I helped....

For a minute there, I was expected to read, "Close your books and take out a # 2 pencil". lol.

haree

Sep 16, 2013
Visit site

hi
thanks again thats a lot of info i had mine for around 4months and i do maintain my phone quite well i have a pouch for it and i clean the screen daily before i sleep for the day
and till date i dont have a single scratch and i dont have any scratch gaurd on it so it all boils down to how u take care of your phone and its not a big deal its simple and easy to do what i do

dafad

Nov 27, 2013
Visit site
Count yourself lucky!
I've had mine only 7 days, and last night a big long crack appeared across the screen from near the camera button across to the other side.
Replacement is coming today - hope this isn't going to happen again....

dafad.

Jakeway

Sep 16, 2011
Visit site
Count yourself lucky!
I've had mine only 7 days, and last night a big long crack appeared across the screen from near the camera button across to the other side.
Replacement is coming today - hope this isn't going to happen again....

dafad.

Was that also a 625 or a different model?

Guy at work just bought one. His looks mint so far but I told him to buy a screenproof screen protecter. He hasnt yet... he is going to learn a hard lesson.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs