Camera causing issues in Bing Vision, other apps

John745577

Feb 16, 2011
Visit site
Since receiving my 8XT, I've noticed it has problems with several of the applications that utilize the camera. Specifically, I've noticed Bing Vision and Blink both have problems with actually capturing images. Upon tapping the screen or using the physical camera button, the brackets used to show that the camera is focusing flash off and on, but the camera never actually takes a photo.
This essentially renders Bing Vision and other camera apps useless for me.
Strangely enough, both the standard camera app and the HTC camera app work just fine.

I contacted both Sprint (who was no help whatsoever) and HTC (who hasn't contacted me back yet) and neither have given me any solutions.

Is there anyone else out there who's having these problems or has a solution?

Thanks,
John

dorelse

Mar 25, 2011
Visit site
Hmm, I can scan a QR code just fine, but no, I can't focus in on text and have it translate or capture an image.

(BUT...I'm GDR3, so I don't count (officially)).

Carkid367

Apr 6, 2011
Visit site
I just tried using the Bing Vision after the official update pushed from HTC/Sprint and it works. So I tried OneShot, Oggl, and 6tag all seem to be working correctly now!!!! Hooray!!!! They are actually paying attention to us!

dorelse

Mar 25, 2011
Visit site
I just tried using the Bing Vision after the official update pushed from HTC/Sprint and it works. So I tried OneShot, Oggl, and 6tag all seem to be working correctly now!!!! Hooray!!!! They are actually paying attention to us!

Yes, I can also confirm Bing Vision is now working! I'll try the others as well, but yes, it seems we're all fixed up!

dorelse

Mar 25, 2011
Visit site
6tag rear camera is now working properly on the public release for me as well!

*Oggl is also working.

Such awesome news to know they heard our issues and fixed them!

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon