Nokia Lumia 2520 - Who's getting one?

Joe Dubya

Oct 16, 2013
Visit site
I have Surface One and would love to upgrade to this, but Nokia is non-existent in Canada so I'm pretty sure I won't be able to get one... even then, I would love to see some head to head comparisons vs. Surface Two

uopjo6

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site
Depends what the Nokia "Illusionist" is. If it is a stylus then yes probably get a 2520. If not, I'll have to wait...

TechFreak1

May 15, 2013
Visit site
Definitely getting one, as soon as it's available. Getting it in white to match my Lumia 920.

Sent from my RM-820_nam_att_100 using Tapatalk

Same here, if I do end up buying one it will be in white with a black cover :p - currently split between the Surface 2 and the Lumia 2520. Also I just watched a surface 2 review by Daylife - Link: Surface 2 review and couldn't help but notice how glossy and reflective the screen was.

sanshiro

Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
I'm seriously thinking about importing an unlocked Cyan one into the US. I don't care about the LTE bands since I will not use the cellular radio. The only thing is that if down the road I need to trade it or sell it, an imported version would severely cripple my options. But Cyan and no Verizon logos...

CrackFachry

Jan 1, 2013
Visit site
I'm getting one in Red plus the Red Keyboard case. If Nokia is ever going to release it in Indonesia.
Otherwise.. I'll probably hunt it in Singapore.

dbam987

Dec 22, 2012
Visit site
I'll be getting one, likely in black on the Verizon network. Will the Surface Touch / Type covers work on this tablet?

RodimusMajor

Jul 11, 2013
Visit site
It's entirely possible to buy the ATT or Verizon models contract-free. I'm not sure about doing so at brick and mortar, but you can find them on the Microsoft Store online. That's how I'm getting mine.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using WPCentral Forums mobile app

gapost

Dec 1, 2004
Visit site
I have a business account and checked out the 2520 in the store today. I was pretty impressed with the feel, size and speed. I have been waiting for a Win8 tablet with 4G. My biggest thing is VPN. Win8 RT does have some VPN capabilities and I decided to order one and test it out. What really made me pull the trigger was the free keyboard. That is an awesome deal, plus, my data plan is very cheap and unlimited. Also, the hotspot feature is a bonus.

Alexander Wilkas

Feb 4, 2013
Visit site
Got my black 2520 with a black 925 bundle on opening day at the AT&T store, only one store had it in stock in my area in San Mateo County, CA. So for a so good. I just sent in rebate info for my free power keyboard

RodimusMajor

Jul 11, 2013
Visit site
I'm looking to get one this week after my paycheck comes in on Thursday. Hopefully by this time next week I'll be typing my posts here on it instead of my current tablet, haha. I just hope that I can still do the deal for the free keyboard-- Thursday/Friday is well within the 2 December limit, but I keep hearing all these whispers about supply running out early and such.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using WPCentral Forums mobile app

robertre

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
I picked one up yesterday. The free powered keyboard offer this week made up my mind. But I had a hard time getting one. My local ATT store never got them. I drove 30 minutes to another ATT store, wasted almost and hour, and then the ***** manager would not let them sell me one since I did not want a contract. They wanted to save them for the new activations so they could make more money. I called a semi local Microsoft, and they had one. At the Microsoft store I was out the door in 10 minutes with my new non contract 2520. So far everything is perfect, a much more pleasant experience than the ATT store!

JaimitoFrog

Jul 14, 2012
Visit site
I picked one up yesterday. The free powered keyboard offer this week made up my mind. But I had a hard time getting one. My local ATT store never got them. I drove 30 minutes to another ATT store, wasted almost and hour, and then the ***** manager would not let them sell me one since I did not want a contract. They wanted to save them for the new activations so they could make more money. I called a semi local Microsoft, and they had one. At the Microsoft store I was out the door in 10 minutes with my new non contract 2520. So far everything is perfect, a much more pleasant experience than the ATT store!

had the same experience with both verizon and ATT. Also went with MS store. That's the best way if you want non contract.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99