Lumia 2520 Was at GDC Next - Qualcomm Booth in LA

prometheusgr

Jan 29, 2012
Visit site
Went to GDC Next today and got to play around with the 2520! It was the bright red candy shell colored one and I have to say, it was pretty snazzy! I posted a couple screens on the blog post: in8b.it | Developments on Development

Anyone had any questions? We tried playing with Dragon Adventures, but I think it was broken, or we didn't know how to play it.

prometheusgr

Jan 29, 2012
Visit site
I own the original Surface, and have played with multiple Surface 2's. If you want a tablet with a personality, than the Nokia is that tablet. If you want a "svelte" professional looking tablet, I would go with the Surface.

There weren't any accessories at the show, just the tablet so I didn't get a chance to play with accessories but I am a fan of the touch keyboards on the Surface, and the new backlit type covers are pretty awesome. It's a tough one!

Alpo714

Jul 24, 2013
Visit site
When and where will be the next Qualcom booth in LA? I'm in the LA area and would like to see the Lumia 2520 in action. Please fill us in!

rav16

Aug 17, 2013
Visit site
Went to GDC Next today and got to play around with the 2520! It was the bright red candy shell colored one and I have to say, it was pretty snazzy! I posted a couple screens on the blog post: in8b.it | Developments on Development

Anyone had any questions? We tried playing with Dragon Adventures, but I think it was broken, or we didn't know how to play it.

Screen quality is good on surface 2 or nokia 2520 ? And which felt snappy and fast the surface 2 or the 2520 ?

prometheusgr

Jan 29, 2012
Visit site
I really couldn't tell the difference in the screens myself, but they both felt snappy and fast. I really think that these two devices are equally performant, and its a matter of style. The 2520 does have NFC though, which I don't believe the surface 2 has, so that gives it more opportunity for some cool stuff. I own the original surface, and I think that I would really consider the 2520, something I didn't think I would before I held it.If it's tablet for tablet I think the 2520 wins, but I think the Surface has the accessories I would rather want. A more elegant kickstand as well as some really good keyboards. It's quite remarkable that there are really only two options for the RT version of Windows, and both of them are amazingly tough to choose between.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGlucoPremium