Nokia 2520 Power Keyboard release date?

dreamers123

Nov 7, 2013
Visit site
I am all hyped for the release of this thing. and i want to get it with the power keyboard. I know that the tablet may or maynot be released on the 22nd of november but does anyone know if the power keyboard be released the same day or will i have to wait for it?

Dush Ku

Jul 4, 2013
Visit site
Does their power keyboard case fold back to let you use the tablet form factor like Surface does or do you have to remove the tablet from the case?

rav16

Aug 17, 2013
Visit site
Does their power keyboard case fold back to let you use the tablet form factor like Surface does or do you have to remove the tablet from the case?

I think you have to remove it to use it as a pure tablet . Surface 2 is quite nifty in this case .

Dush Ku

Jul 4, 2013
Visit site
Wow, that keyboard fold under is kind of lame compared to Surface, disappointing.
Lumia hardware with surface style keyboard cover would have been perfect.

Doctor Pork

Jul 20, 2013
Visit site
The problem with that is that the Surface keyboard pretty much requires a kickstand to be usable as they do not on their own support the tablet. The Lumia design language is hard to combine with a kickstand. This is in a way the trade off for going with a more pure tablet design that Nokia aimed for. In some situations, it might be more convenient to use on the lap, but it is not as flexible as the Surface design.

jmerrey

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site
This is really what's holding me back on the 2520. The Surface is so flexible when it comes to different form factors.

MikeF74

Nov 8, 2011
Visit site
Is that offer legitimate? It really doesn't look like it. Doing a WHOIS on the domain name, it is just some guy in Texas. This looks very sketchy, is there any documentation form Nokia that points to this site?

EDIT:
Nevermind, please forgive my skepticism, but that website looked highly suspiscious. I have found corroboration form Nokia: http://www.nokia.com/us-en/phones/tablet/lumia2520

JaimitoFrog

Jul 14, 2012
Visit site
Is that offer legitimate? It really doesn't look like it. Doing a WHOIS on the domain name, it is just some guy in Texas. This looks very sketchy, is there any documentation form Nokia that points to this site?

EDIT:
Nevermind, please forgive my skepticism, but that website looked highly suspiscious. I have found corroboration form Nokia: Nokia Lumia 2520 - 4G Tablet with Keyboard - Nokia - USA

Texas thing is just the middle man who does the rebates. most companies out source that kind of stuff.

MikeF74

Nov 8, 2011
Visit site
The site also looked jankier than I would have expected. The fonts are all weird and the "submit" button isn't rendering properly for me in Firefox. It looked like a quickly put together scam, but I am happy I was wrong. I just hope the "while supplies last" doesn't pass too quickly. My device won't arrive until Wednesday, but I'm away until Sunday due to the holiday. That's the earliest I'll be able to retrieve my IMEI number.

MikeF74

Nov 8, 2011
Visit site
They don't ask for a color preference. So, either they're color-matched based off the IMEI or they're sending everyone a black keyboard cover. I suppose they could go a 3rd route and send out random colors, but that doesn't make any sense.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taylormcintire