My 521 not charging.

voiceoverguy70

Aug 13, 2013
Visit site
I have had my Nokia Lumia 521 for 5 months now. Great phone until today. The battery became low and went into power save mode. When I arrived home I put it on the usb charger to my laptop and the charging icon did not come on. So I plugged it into the power charger and nothing. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Corepc

Mar 11, 2012
Visit site
Did you already try pulling the battery out let it set for a while, then put it back in and see if that helps any?

You are using the Nokia Charger / data cable that came with it right ?

voiceoverguy70

Aug 13, 2013
Visit site
@Corepc...I did pull the battery out and let it sit for a while. I am using the charger and data cable that did come with it. I still get the same result. It has been sitting for a while now and I will try it again.

Corepc

Mar 11, 2012
Visit site
Voiceoverguy - I would replace the battery first,

But charge it using the Nokia Charger if it is very hot to touch the wire or plug or port where plug's into phone. I would suspect the phone itself. I have had mine for over 6 months now and when charging it does get warm to touch..

I have had mine for 6 months but never had any battery problems where it flat out dies or will not charge anymore. Either Battery or Phone itself Call T-Mobile which will tell you call Nokia most likely.

Have you tried a hard reset yet ? Since phone will not come on try this

With the phone turned off, press Power key to turn ON the phone, then immediately press and hold Volume Down key.

• An “!” mark will appear on the display.
  • Press the following keys in this order:
    1. Volume Up
    2. Volume Down
    3. Power Key
    4. Volume Down

Guytronic

Ambassador Team Leader
Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
I was thinking also there might be some debris in the microUSB plug on the phone.
Had this problem some time ago with a Motorola phone.
The port was damaged due to a tiny brass metal shaving I picked up.
Probably from my former job location.

voiceoverguy70

Aug 13, 2013
Visit site
I let the phone sit over night without the battery in it. I put the battery back in and it is now charging. Soon as it has a full charge I will do a factory reset then re install my apps and check to see if the phone needs a software update.

I had to use my old Android LG Optimus T yesterday. Wow. It was like going from a Ferrari to a moped!

jms_209

Aug 14, 2013
Visit site
Had that happen to me with my old mp3 player. The battery was drained and would not turn on.
Tried 3 different new cables and computers.
It took a while for the mp3 to show it was charging and have enough power to turn on.
I left it connected for 15 minutes,while I was doing an RMA and stopped when I saw it on lol

Jason Byers Jr

May 30, 2014
Visit site
Corepc, When I hold down my power key ( with phone off ) it doesn't vibrate, so I can not hard reset or anything. But it does vibrate when plugged into the wall. I let it sit on charger over night but does not charge.

LordOfCawala

Jul 17, 2014
Visit site
Corepc, When I hold down my power key ( with phone off ) it doesn't vibrate, so I can not hard reset or anything. But it does vibrate when plugged into the wall. I let it sit on charger over night but does not charge.

Take the battery out of your phone and stick it in your shoe if your going to be walking around. I did that with my girlfriends old Nokia Lumia 521 at school and at the end of the day I put the battery back in and it turned on but you just gots to be patient and not let it die or you will have to do it again.

P.S I dont know if it makes any difference but if not it makes it so it doesnt smell(I dont know if it would anyways) but i have to use dr shols insoles and i put it under them.

Warren_Wikked

Jun 2, 2014
Visit site
I have had a similar issue so i thought i should speak up.
yesterday around noon i drained my battery to 20% playing six guns,once it hit 20 the phone shut off and when plugged to a usb will give me the battery icon,when plugged into the wall it goes straight into a boot loop.
i even have a charger that allows for the battery to be charged outside of the phone. but that doesnt work, nothing has so far.
here are two things that i have acknowledged to take into consideration for practicing good battery health.
try to keep the battery from dying as much as you can
the charger i have been using is a 5v charger,the nokia lumia 521 has a 3.7v battery (people obliviously overcharge their battery and destroy the cell like me)
ALWAYS try to stick with the charger that is designed for that phone,i wouldnt try hard resets until you got a new battery and train it (charge to 100% before using the battery)

Andre Abel

Aug 4, 2015
Visit site
After my phone got wet i putted it in rice all the water was dried out but when i putted it to charge it was charging and it is not coming on and i tried the all the methods but it's still not working can anyone please hel me please i beg please:cry:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ailanamargarett