New update for 8S ! Charging while powered off...

QuadraFX

Feb 11, 2013
Visit site
Hi !

I just got a new update for my 8S.
It's firmware update and probably some OS, too.
Anyway, first change that I have noticed is that the phone does not turn on automatically when charger is connected while powered off.
BTW. I have installed a developer preview of GDR3 recently. Maybe it's official GDR3 ?

More when I'll be back home ;-)

minus365

Jul 8, 2013
Visit site
got mine as well, but after installing it, I am facing battery drain issues, and wifi stay always connected even the Stay Wifi connected after display timeout option is unchecked :/

I had 100% 2hrs ago. Now I am at 75%. Which is ~13% / hour. There must be some bug....

QuadraFX

Feb 11, 2013
Visit site
got mine as well, but after installing it, I am facing battery drain issues, and wifi stay always connected even the Stay Wifi connected after display timeout option is unchecked :/

I had 100% 2hrs ago. Now I am at 75%. Which is ~13% / hour. There must be some bug....

Exactly opposite for me. My phone reports now 35% battery, estimated run time 1 day 16 hours, time from last charge : 3 days 13 hours. Not bad. Wifi all the time ON, of course with automatic off after display timeout.

I strongly advise a factory reset after the update (only after that in my case new apps appeared : Bing news, Bing finances, Bing weather...)

minus365

Jul 8, 2013
Visit site
strange thing is it all worked perfectly with GDR3 dev preview, but after installing full GDR3 yesterday evening I now have serious problems.
my battery is dead. from 100% to 0% in 8hours. :/

factory reset is the one, which will mess all my apps and stuff or once I restore from cloud, will all my email account settings, apps, etc. get restored too?
hmm, it seems I need to factory reset. is it the one Volume Up + Power On button for 10 secs or it need to be done from phone settings? thanks

QuadraFX

Feb 11, 2013
Visit site
strange thing is it all worked perfectly with GDR3 dev preview, but after installing full GDR3 yesterday evening I now have serious problems.
my battery is dead. from 100% to 0% in 8hours. :/

factory reset is the one, which will mess all my apps and stuff or once I restore from cloud, will all my email account settings, apps, etc. get restored too?
hmm, it seems I need to factory reset. is it the one Volume Up + Power On button for 10 secs or it need to be done from phone settings? thanks

I did it from the phone settings. And about the settings.. I don't know, I setup everything manually every time. Apps need to be reinstalled I think. The only thing I get synced with the cloud is the SMS database. But I think setting everything up is just a one-time job and needs to be done only after more serious changes to the phone OS. JUST DO IT ;-) and I think the problems might disappear.

minus365

Jul 8, 2013
Visit site
finally figured out where the problem is. imap syncing is not working properly for one of my email accounts. it used to work fine before gdr3 update.
now, it gets stucked in synchonization, but never synchronize. then it drains the battery,
cant say if it's problem with phone or webmail provider. :/

Br1anK

Jan 15, 2013
Visit site
Driving mode is new, I think.

You can program a bluetooth device as your car and then set the phone to turn of individual notifications while you are driving, for example Text messages and Facebook/Twwitter notifications.

azcruz

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site
@Br1anK, I'm sorry for being vague... I was looking for changes between this update and the Developer Preview GDR3 I was using prior. The Driving Mode is already in the Preview.

QuadraFX

Feb 11, 2013
Visit site
I did not get the Bing apps pack before.

And I'm curious if together with firmware changes the problem with sound has gone ? I can't check this now, as I'm abroad and my Internet connection is off, but I'll check it as soon as I get back to my home country... As I suspect it was connected with CPU load during Internet transfer over cellular network.

azcruz

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site
Sound problem? Sorry if I missed the issue but my 8S blows away my Xperia V in sound quality.

Sent from my Windows Phone 8S by HTC using Tapatalk

A_Galaxy

Nov 27, 2013
Visit site
I got the update yesterday and as usuall you have to do a FR to be able to clear enough memory to install it. The backup that you can enable works ok with sms and chat, but for apps its useless. The only thing it do is to install the apps you had on your phone, all saved data is gone. So all game progress and bokmarks etc in your apps is gone.
Whats new in my phone is.
Data Sense
Bing apps (Economi, News, Sport and Weather)

Is there any changelog for this update, i had the dev version before.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb