64 GB SD card for music

Jen Sanko

Oct 30, 2013
Visit site
I'd like to get a 64 GB SD card for my music collection, ~4000 songs.

Did anyone encounter any issues with a 64GB SD card?
Or any issues with a large music collection?

fdalbor

Aug 8, 2013
Visit site
I have been using a 64GB card in my 820 for the past six months. I have music, photos and several movies on it and have had no problems at all with it. Using a Sandisk and the movies play just as smooth as can be, same with music.

thomasdtran

Feb 17, 2012
Visit site
I also have a SanDisk and initially when I press Play Music it does take a few seconds to load. Once it plays, then it is smooth. I have a large library of music so you should be okay.

racerjim

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Some of us find that the card gets corrupted if you sync with a computer over USB. You have to repair it in the computer to recover. over the air it works fine. Mine is a SanDisk

ncyankee101

Dec 5, 2013
Visit site
When you say "corrupted", would it exhibit the following behavior when trying to sync or download music?

I have tried to load the same 3 or 4 albums several times, but while the last one loaded will play fine, the prior folders will either be empty or the phone gives me the following error code c00d36c4 and say my phone can't play this file.

Also, if I shoot a video it will not play back, but works ok if I switch to storage on my phone.

I am using a samsung 64 GB micro SD card in a Nokia Lumia 521.

Jen Sanko

Oct 30, 2013
Visit site
The memory card bought on eBay turned out to be fake, after talking to the Kingston support.
So i guess that's the root cause of the issue.
But the error msg seems familiar.

palandri

Retired Moderator
Jul 25, 2009
Visit site
The memory card bought on eBay turned out to be fake, after talking to the Kingston support.
So i guess that's the root cause of the issue.
But the error msg seems familiar.

That's something you have to be careful of on eBay. I remember SanDisk use to have a webpage dedicated to spotting counterfeit memory sticks.

pci2k

Oct 22, 2013
Visit site
I trust Amazon better than eBay. However, I only buy on Amazon where the listed seller is actually Amazon.com, and NOT a 3rd party, whenever possible.

willied

Jul 30, 2011
Visit site
I just had a 64GB Sandisk micro SD card get corrupted, but I don't know how. It worked fine for the prior 11 months. Luckily I'm getting it warrantied.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
killshot4077