Infinite Switching on and off! Help please!

James Smith23

Nov 23, 2013
Visit site
A few days ago i performed a factory reset on my HTC 8S it worked perfectly fine and i've been using it since , however about 1 hour ago i was prompted to perform a system update.
I accepted the update and the screen switched to the Update screen however everything was dimmed out and i couldn't do anything, then the phone switched off and Back on again , this is where i encountered the "spinning cogs" screen , i've experienced this once before and a soft reset solved the problem and the phone worked fine , However this time upon performing the soft reset the phone switched off and on again , displayed the HTC logo screen then goes black for a random amount of time (usually between 2-10 mins) then switches off again and the whole process repeats!

Please can anybody help me ? It's really starting to stress me out and im worried it might be bricked!

- James

James Smith23

Nov 23, 2013
Visit site
-----UPDATE-----

I left the phone overnight , continually turning on and off, woke up this morning and i noticed the battery had died , i plugged it into the charger and as always it turned on yet once again the proccess repeated. Is my phone bricked ? is there anyway i can fix this?!?! Please help!

James Smith23

Nov 23, 2013
Visit site
i've treid a hard reset already , Im on the phone to customer service and they've had me do a reset using the UP volume key and the power key whilst connected to a computer, this sent it to a lightning bolt and a cog , he's then asked me to turn it off and on again which just sent it back to the endless sequence again. if i get it back to the Lighting bolt screen is there anyway to fix it from there

James Smith23

Nov 23, 2013
Visit site
okay i've performed a Hard reset and my phone has switched on and into the Lighting bolt and gear screen! its been like this for a few minuets now , any idea what i do now?

jonathan sink

Jan 20, 2012
Visit site
Its in the forum somewhere. If I remember correctly do the normal reset (down/power) when the Nokia logo comes back up you press down up camera down. I think that's it but I know for sure you can find it in the forum.

shmsnh

Sep 27, 2013
Visit site
To perform a hard reset:
Power off. Press volume down until an exclamation mark appears. Press volume up, volume down, power, volume down (in that order).
It will take a while to finish.

This is Microsoft's way of hard reset. Hopefully, it'll work for you.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte