Hardware issues

anon973381

Jul 17, 2013
Visit site
I am on unit 3. The first suffered from the same well documented instability, crashing, failure to wake even after 2 Windows resets. I swapped it after a day of messing with it.

Unit 2 was rock solid, had it 4 days without a single crash, perfect suspend/resume, amazing aside from the dead pixels.

Unit 3 is physically perfect, the SIM card tray is even level but just as unstable as the first unit. All the same issues. I have done 4 Windows reloads and tested all sorts of different patching orders, etc.

There are no more units in the vicinity but am curious about of there are minor firmware differences. I have the following identifiers on the box:
SWID: M8974A-AAAANAZM-1.0.26020
Radio SW: 2.1032.4701.44

We should all be running the same OS version so lets start by gathering the above values to correlate. We need to hear from folks without issues too.

Edit: If we can isolate this behavior to firmware by having releases in common between folks with the issue and and a clear difference to those without the issue we could be alright.

Last edited:

anon973381

Jul 17, 2013
Visit site
I was just going off the box initially as I cannot locate anything of interest in the OS that has version numbers.

Resuming from sleep is the most annoying thing at the moment however it also locks at other times with little rhyme or reason.

Phrozty

Dec 3, 2011
Visit site
So.. mine won't turn on anymore... But the capacitive start button registers when I touch it. I plugged it in, but it still had 50% charge last time I looked at it. This is less than encouraging...

daelumia

Nov 26, 2012
Visit site
I'm having the same issue, especially after I leave it a while to charge. Nothing, just the haptic feedback from the windows button. Hold down the power key for about 10 seconds, then restart.

mcraine

Dec 5, 2010
Visit site
I had virtually the same experience with mine after doing an update. I gave it 10 minutes then powered off and back on. All is well. No additional problems.

I mentioned this in another thread, but probably worth repeating here. Almost immediately after I opened mine up and with through initial setup I did the Windows update. When the update went to reboot, it sat there at the black Nokia boot screen for an hour. I had to hold down the power button until it rebooted. But after it came back, I've had no problems. Been pretty much playing with it for 8 hours straight without any issues (except with some specific apps - may need a graphics driver update on these and the Bluetooth pairing and sharing with my L920 is not working, but that's little different).

Phrozty

Dec 3, 2011
Visit site
Yeah.. so it keeps making me reset it after it hasn't been used for about 15-30 minutes. I checked the power options and I don't think this should be happening. SHould I return the unit???

robjared05

May 22, 2013
Visit site
I am on my second unit and it is doing the same thing. The thing that is really getting me angry is that ATT insists on a restock fee if I ultimately return the unit due to this defect. I mean, how many times do you need to exchange something for them to understand there's an issue with the tablet?

robertre

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
I have been using mine heavily for 5 days without a single glitch, except for the weather channel app not working, but I am assuming that is an app issue. I have added a SanDisk 64gb micro sd (Plixtor), and it seems to be working great. When I got my 920 I had lockup's when it first came out, but they went away with updates and app updates.

robjared05

May 22, 2013
Visit site
This will all depend how much support Nokia will be providing with this product. I have a Dell Venue and they've provided many updates thus far. I haven't seen any from Nokia. I even had to reset the new tablet because it wouldn't load the Nokia Cam app. I got a message that it was only for a Nokia tablet!

dawizel56

Apr 16, 2012
Visit site
I started having the same issue with my 2520 not waking from sleep and having to do a power down. This started within 30 hours of having the tablet. And after full windows updates of approximately 400mb. I also had one freeze while charging the tablet. The screen was on put no response to touch. I then restarted the tablet and changed the "change when the computer sleeps" to never for both "On Battery" and "Plugged in" to NEVER. I then used the power bottom to turn off the display. I let it sit several times over one to two hours and had no problem with the tablet waking up by using the windows capacitive logo. I then reset back to default and again after letting the tablet set for a long period has had no problem. It had no effect on battery. You just have to remember to use the power key to turn off the display.

So this may be a software issue. Nokia has been great at fixing problems on their phones, I have a Lumia 920, so I'm hoping they can get a fix out for this soon.

Could someone else also test this on their 2520 to see if it is also a "fix" for you.

Thanks

theefman

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site
Anyone checked their event log for display driver crashes? This seems to be an issue with Windows 8.1, had it on my Acer W510 before a driver update was released by Microsoft to fix it. Have read of users on other devices getting this as well.

rx74ray

Nov 7, 2011
Visit site
Anyone checked their event log for display driver crashes? This seems to be an issue with Windows 8.1, had it on my Acer W510 before a driver update was released by Microsoft to fix it. Have read of users on other devices getting this as well.
That is not a bad idea. The tablet is with GF for now. I will look into the events and crash dumps once I have it.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss