Focus S on Straight Talk can't get MMS to work - Please Help!

ita47

Nov 25, 2013
Visit site
I have a AT&T Samsung Focus S that I just got from my brother and just switched it to Straight Talk using their BYOP sim for AT&T phones. I can not get MMS to work. I have tried several settings I found on this site and other websites and nothing seems to work. Can someone help me get this working? Everything on my phone seems to work but MMS. My current settings are:

Settings
Cellular
don't roam
APN - att.mvno
user name - blank
password - blank
Proxy server/URL - proxy.mvno.tracfone,com
Proxy port - 80

Wireless Manager
Automatic APN - unchecked
Active APN - AT&T 4G
Edit APN - Here I have 6 items in this list the names and settings are as follows.

APN name - STRAIGHT_TALK
Profile category - internet (always on)
APN - tfdata
Auth type - none
Username - blank
Password - blank
Proxy address - mms3.tracfone.com
Proxy domain - blank
Proxy port - 80

APN name - WPSMOBI.APN
Profile category - other
APN - wap.cingular
Auth type - none
Username - blank
Password - blank
Proxy address - wireless.cingular.com
Proxy domain - moservices.microsoft.com
Proxy port - 80

APN name - internet_line
Profile category - internet (always on)
APN - att.mvno
Auth type - none
Username - blank
Password - blank
Proxy address - blank
Proxy domain - blank
Proxy port - blank

APN name - mms_line
Profile category - mms
MMSC (Activated) - http://mmsc.cingular.com
APN - att.mvno
Auth type - none
Username - blank
Password - blank
Proxy address - 66.209.11.33
Proxy domain - mmsc.cingular.com
Proxy port - 80

APN name - softap_line
Profile category - other
APN - att.mvno
Auth type - none
Username - blank
Password - blank
Proxy address - blank
Proxy domain - blank
Proxy port - blank

Then I have one more that is a big long code and it says it is read only when I click on it.

Can anyone help me out with the settings? Thanks.

mary beth hale

Mar 13, 2013
Visit site
you only need one apn setting each for mms and data(i think). for my old samsung focus S i had to download the Wireless Manager app. you get this in the windows phone store in the Samsung Zone. the link below helped me out a lot. the wireless manager app is pretty straightforward, though. you should probably delete other apn after inputting the straight talk settings.

Last edited:

mary beth hale

Mar 13, 2013
Visit site
screen shots of the straight talk apns on my current phone(samsung ativ s) i think the ones for windows 7x phone were the same. the tfdata apn is the newer straight talk data apn. the mms to use with this is not the "cingular" one i see you listed. for the internet apn you only need to put in tfdata. oops...gave you the wrong link...use...www.prepaidphonenews.com/.../how-to-setup-straight-talk-data-and-mm

Last edited:

mary beth hale

Mar 13, 2013
Visit site
i am terrible at explaining how to do something since i usually stumble on a solution by trial and error. if you try the above and have specific questions, please feel free to ask.

ita47

Nov 25, 2013
Visit site
Your phone must be different than mine. I don't see a cellular mms apn on my phone. Those settings might work I am just not sure where I should enter them. Also the link you posted doesn't work, it says it doesn't exist.

mary beth hale

Mar 13, 2013
Visit site
Just remember you can't do anything without getting the "wireless manager" app in the Samsung Zone. Windows 7 phones need this to be able to edit apns

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ailanamargarett