How do you unlock the 2520?

OliverK

Dec 22, 2012
Visit site
I have a 1520 and 2520 here in the UK.

I know how to unlock the phone.. I just need to source an unlock code BUT on the 2520 I have
no idea how to unlock it... there is no setting on control panel so I am stumped.

Can someone on AT&T phone up and ask for an unlock and ask them how and where you enter the unlock code?

Thanks.

palandri

Retired Moderator
Jul 25, 2009
Visit site
Excellent question. I was thinking of getting a 2520. I looked at them at a Microsoft store here in the states, but no one was able to answer my unlocking question. Have you tried just sticking a UK SIM card in it to see if anything comes up or if it works?

Thanks

OliverK

Dec 22, 2012
Visit site
I put my UK SIM into it. It gives no message why it doesn't work.

If I go into control panel and check troubleshoot connection it says it is locked to another carrier.

I cannot find anywhere to enter an unlock code.

OliverK

Dec 22, 2012
Visit site
So I found out where to enter that information.

If you click on AT&T all access app it will either activate your AT&T SIM or if you have a different SIM it will ask you to enter the unlock code.

Nice of them to make it obvious!

Daniel_15

Nov 29, 2013
Visit site
I'm happy for you that you were able to unlock it.

Where did you get your unlock code from? Did you go through the AT&T process or did you get it from an unlock site ?

Thanks

TechFreak1

May 15, 2013
Visit site
Out of curiosity did you import the L2520 or buy it in the USA?
If you bought it I guess you could say you've relocated or something? :winktongue:
I wouldn't want to pay $150 dollars to unlock a device.. that is an insane amount lol.

sutiawan algen

Apr 30, 2015
Visit site
Is ATT L2520 can use GSM or 3G ???
iI have L2520 from USA, but it can not to Unlock,,, like you, i have insert another simcard to tablet, but NO option to enter Unlock code, and I try Your's manner to Launch ATT all Access , but its same,, I not find option to enter unlock code,,
and on the setting network only show " No Service" ,
Ca you fix it??:cry:

Dave Seta

Sep 15, 2015
Visit site
Is ATT L2520 can use GSM or 3G ???
iI have L2520 from USA, but it can not to Unlock,,, like you, i have insert another simcard to tablet, but NO option to enter Unlock code, and I try Your's manner to Launch ATT all Access , but its same,, I not find option to enter unlock code,,
and on the setting network only show " No Service" ,
Ca you fix it??:cry:

I encountered problem like yours too. The unlock window didn't show up although I have clicked the at&t app. Here's what I did.

1. Insert your at&t card. It doesn't have to be an active account. You can borrow your friend's or buy on eBay for few bucks.

2. Fired up the at&t app. It will detect your sim card and give you a dashboard on your data allowance or some sort.

3. Turn off your tablet and change the sim card to card other than at&t.

4. Turn on and go to at&t app. It now will ask for unlock code.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGlucoPremium