521 mobile internet/hotspot

sandysan

May 30, 2013
Visit site
In the my account under minutes there is a new entry " mobile hotspot usage" 0.1 MB/100 MB. I looked online and some people are getting this to work ( its kind of hit or miss). I tried to turn on internet sharing under settings but it says that this is not covered by my plan and do I want to enable it ? I then get directed to tmobile to add it for 15 bucks a month ( I'm on the 30 dollar 100 min/5 gb plan). I spoke to a Tmobile CSR and they said its 15 bucks or nothing so I passed.

A lot of people seems to have this with other hardware ( again hit or miss) but has anyone gotten it to work with a 521 ?

thanks

calfee20

Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
Here is a link I to thread I posted months ago.

http://forums.windowscentral.com/nokia-lumia-521/239529-internet-sharing.html

The Tetherx app might be able to help you. I have NOT tried it so I do not know. If I buy a Surface RT in a couple of days though I may give it a try. Here is the link to Tetherx:

Tether-X Pro | Windows Phone Apps+Games Store (United States)
Here is a link to how to connect to your PC. This may be a limitation as I don't know if you can hotspot for android, ios, or Win RT.

How to setup Wifi tethering on PC via Tether-X for Windows Phone 8 - YouTube

Good luck...............calfee

sandysan

May 30, 2013
Visit site
Here is a link I to thread I posted months ago.

http://forums.windowscentral.com/nokia-lumia-521/239529-internet-sharing.html

The Tetherx app might be able to help you. I have NOT tried it so I do not know. If I buy a Surface RT in a couple of days though I may give it a try. Here is the link to Tetherx:

Tether-X Pro | Windows Phone Apps+Games Store (United States)
Here is a link to how to connect to your PC. This may be a limitation as I don't know if you can hotspot for android, ios, or Win RT.

How to setup Wifi tethering on PC via Tether-X for Windows Phone 8 - YouTube

Good luck...............calfee

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon