2520 Blue screens after setup, crashes non-stop, absolutely pathetic showing of Windows RT

jinzen

Nov 25, 2013
Visit site
I had to join this forum just to post this.

I have never seen a product this defective. After initial setup, it immediately blue screened. App Store would not open at all, and it proceeded to crash several times in IE.

Did a Windows Update, proceeded to blue screen again 1 minute post update.

After a full reset (which took 20+ minutes, usually takes 1 minute on Android/iOS devices), App store works but IE still crashes it. I get errors ranging from Memory Management, IRQ errors, to blue screens without an explanation. Needless to say, this is going back to the Microsoft Store.

fVSQS9t.jpg

fVSQS9t.jpg

FE0ciq7.jpg

11B1P

Sep 5, 2011
Visit site
Hate to hear "you had to join this forum" just because of a defective product. There is a lot of useful info here, regardless of a working device or not.

Definately sounds like a defective device. Keep in mind, it is a piece of electronics and is subject to being broken right out of the box. Hopefully a replacement will work flawlessly for you. Good luck.

jinzen

Nov 25, 2013
Visit site
Yep, I will be setting up the next one in store personally.

It's a good price for what you get - I paid $450 after student discount and $25 off, and will eventually get a free keyboard. But wow, what a bad taste Microsoft has left so quickly after so many flawless iOS and OSX devices.

Kellzea

Oct 3, 2012
Visit site
I had to join this forum just to post this.

I have never seen a product this defective. After initial setup, it immediately blue screened. App Store would not open at all, and it proceeded to crash several times in IE.

Did a Windows Update, proceeded to blue screen again 1 minute post update.

After a full reset (which took 20+ minutes, usually takes 1 minute on Android/iOS devices), App store works but IE still crashes it. I get errors ranging from Memory Management, IRQ errors, to blue screens without an explanation. Needless to say, this is going back to the Microsoft Store.

View attachment 50640

View attachment 50640

View attachment 50641

You understand that all ttech has one or two duds?

They arnt all like that.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chuffster