What's the best way to use the SD card?

daelumia

Nov 26, 2012
Visit site
Loving my new 2520; went right out to get a SD card. Now I'm scratching my head ... what is the best way to use it? Is there a way to point music or photos/camera to it? Or Xbox Video for local files? Any tips?

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
Loving my new 2520; went right out to get a SD card. Now I'm scratching my head ... what is the best way to use it? Is there a way to point music or photos/camera to it? Or Xbox Video for local files? Any tips?

From my understanding, with WRT you don't have the same limitations as you do on WP so you should be able to pretty much do what you want with it. It's an extra storage area. I believe with W8.1RT the capabilities are even better.

daelumia

Nov 26, 2012
Visit site
Thanks - I found the setting under Settings --> PC and Devices --> Devices --> "Default save locations" to set the card as the default save to, but when trying to download a video from Xbox Video I still received an "out of space" error because somehow in three days I've managed to fill up the internal storage. Also, when making the setting, it said something about handling future storage, but not moving existing files. Does anyone know if there is a way to transfer photos and downloaded Xbox Video files, etc.? I can't seem to find where they are saved. Any tips would be appreciated.

daelumia

Nov 26, 2012
Visit site
Still looking for feedback on how to best use the sd card, but in the process, I think I found a bug with the Xbox Video app, at least on my 2520. When I try to download a video, it will fail, but still hold on to the storage, so the app quickly went from 140kb to several GB. So I know where my storage went. Uninstalling and reinstalling the app fixed the storage issue, but I still can't get videos to download.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos