521 For Kids -best price and free 200MB of Data?

reedsutton

Dec 12, 2012
Visit site
I am thinking about getting a 521 for my kids who are too young for actual cell phones, but they will use them like their friends use their iPod Touches.

I see the 521 for $79 on the Microsoft store - is that the best price?

Also, I see the T-Mobile free 200MB of data promotion for free - can I use that? It would be great to have a little data for long car rides or something like that. Anyone know how that works?

Thanks!
Reed

Corepc

Mar 11, 2012
Visit site
521 is great device for young kids.
Yes that would be the best buy for the 521 currently at the Microsoft Store. The other option is AT&T 520 which is on sale for 59.99 at Microsoft Store, Walmart, Amazon.

The 200 mb of free data only applies to certain tablet's that you would get from T-Mobile does not apply to smartphones from what I have read.

Ralph III

Nov 27, 2013
Visit site
I am thinking about getting a 521 for my kids who are too young for actual cell phones, but they will use them like their friends use their iPod Touches.

I see the 521 for $79 on the Microsoft store - is that the best price?

Also, I see the T-Mobile free 200MB of data promotion for free - can I use that? It would be great to have a little data for long car rides or something like that. Anyone know how that works?

Thanks!
Reed

Hello Reed,
My wife and I just got two of the Lumia 521. They are very nice phones and that is a great price, btw.

The T-Mobile 4g plan comes with unlimited text, talk and up to 500mb data. There is no charge if you go over the data amount but it will begin operating at a slower speed (not 4g). A data upgrade can be purchased if desired...

Ralph

kevm14

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
If they don't need minutes, T-Mobile has a $30 plan that gets you 100 minutes, unlimited text and 5GB of data. It's prepaid. It may be Walmart only, I haven't figured that out (I got my 521 and $30 SIM at Walmart).

Corepc

Mar 11, 2012
Visit site
T-Mobile has a $30 plan that gets you 100 minutes, unlimited text and 5GB of data. It's prepaid. It may be Walmart only, I haven't figured that out (I got my 521 and $30 SIM at Walmart).

You can get that plan through T-Mobile itself. You can only get it during a sim activation or when changing sim's and numbers. Only during a sim activation do you get a chance for that plan, you are not allowed to change to it.

kevm14

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
Not enough minutes to be my actual service plan but man I think there's no better deal in wireless in the US right now if you want mostly data for a smartphone.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss