Resetting Nokia Lumia 822 (Without Losing Files)

TrophyNostalgia

Aug 21, 2012
Visit site
Hey guys, so after updating my Nokia Lumia 822 to GDR2 (I think this is the latest update available, which added Nokia Lumia Amber update and all) I have had nothing but lag and freezing issues on my phone. For a while I just thought it was a bad update, but I compared my phone to a friends and he has absolutely no issues with the update. I was wondering is there any way to flash or reinstall the GDR2 update with out losing information, texts, and game saves and etc... on the phone? What is the best way to go about this?

PB_H

Banned
Jun 11, 2013
Visit site
Read this Reset my phone | Windows Phone How-to (United States)
and on the left hand column read "back up and storage" and everything listed there and read "how to update my phone software" it has info you need for a reset too.

And when you're in the process of restoring and you've configured you MS account ( you need an MS account and then you backup apps etc before you reset phone) and it gives a message with an option of restoring backup now or later DO IT NOW ! You click on your MS account and sign in don't do it later.

backup (your stuff to the cloud) is listed in SETTINGS > system > backup.
You loose data and if you haven't backed up texts you will lose them. Games saves ? I don't know I don't play games, it might say in the link I gave you.

TrophyNostalgia

Aug 21, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for the information. The resetting worked very smoothly and for once my phone runs like butter again, so happy. Only hiccup that happened which isn't a big deal, but is slightly frustrating is for whatever reason windows only restored my text messages from about August and earlier. For whatever reason after August 24th it appears to have stopped syncing my text messages, even though text messaging back up was still turned on. I suspect it is possible that, that is approximately when I updated to the Lumia Amber update which caused all my problems in the first place.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vascro