Battery/turn on/connect to PC issue

taryn61511

Nov 30, 2013
Visit site
Hi, I know this topic has been covered countless times already, but I've yet to find any information about my specific issue with my battery draining, so I figured I would ask.

I bought my lumia 900 a little less than a month ago, bought it used as well.
A few days after I bought it, I had it in the bathroom while I was showering, and the steam must have gotten to it, because every time I get a text message, the phone unlocks itself and goes right to the camera. Any time I unlock the phone, it goes directly to the camera. It had stopped doing this after about 2 weeks, and went back to doing this on thanksgiving 2 days ago.
Previously, even when the battery died, I did not have this issue much, but my battery died yesterday, and I plugged it in.
However, instead of showing the empty battery, or nothing at all, it vibrates once, screen goes white, and then goes to then connect windows phone to PC screen, sits there for a few minutes, and repeats that cycle. I had it on the charger from about 7pm last night, until 9am this morning, and nothing has changed. I have tried hard resets using the volume and power buttons, soft resets, holding the power button, pretty much everything on this issue. It has just continued with this cycle. Now, I WOULD connect it to a pc to see if it helped, but I don't have a PC. Just an iPad, so that's impossible. Any suggestions or anyone else had this same issue?
Like I said, I know there's tons of threads on battery issues and powering back on after it dies, but none to my specificity so I figured I would throw a question out there.

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
Unfortunately, the device is probably permanently damaged from the water. At this point, it probably isn't worth repairing. You might want to consider the Lumia 520, since it is an inexpensive device running Windows Phone 8.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb