massive graphical glitches on games

jmerrey

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site
Has anyone noticed really strange looking graphics on games like Dungeon Hunter 4 and Asphalt 8? On DH4, there are graphical images all over the place. I installed it on my dad's Surface RT, and while it didn't run great, it did look normal. I'll try to get a screenshot of what I'm talking about.

jmerrey

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site
Here is another example on Asphalt 8 (I think there is supposed to be picture of a car behind the graphics, not a blank background):
Screenshot (4).png

jmerrey

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site
I'd appreciate anyone's input. I'm attempting to determine if it's early driver issues, or if I have a defective tablet. Thanks!

peacock93

Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
I'm having the same problem with Bejeweled Live+ and Asphalt 8. Driving me crazy. I love my 2520 but I really want to play games on it. Funny thing is that Halo works great on it. We need to post this problem to Nokia Support. I'm going to today when I get a chance.

TechFreak1

May 15, 2013
Visit site
Eugh that doesn't look too good, also if Halo works on it there must be another underlying problem...though I don't think it is hardware related as the L1520 has the same soc.

peacock93

Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
I think it is an individual app issue that the developers will have to fix. I don't think it is a 2520 hardware problem.

rbiasca

Nov 27, 2011
Visit site
my 2520 does the same thing, but runs halo great, i wonder if it has to do with the hd resolution. they run fine on my 1520 but they are not running in hd because those games have not been optimized yet

Ben Sailors

Jan 18, 2013
Visit site
So this is what I've found on this issue.

If you go into Device Manager and disable the Adreno 330, the graphics look good, but the games are HORRIBLY slow. Also, so far, it's all Gameloft games that I've had the issue with. My guess is that it's either a driver issue with the Adreno 330 on the Nokia 2520 OR it's a graphical engine issue of Gameloft games. Either way, it's definitely not something we can fix. It's only Qualcomm to release drivers, Nokia to release firmware, or Gameloft to release fixes for the games.

peacock93

Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
I have sent Gameloft a support email but have not received a response as of yet. I will update once I get a response from them.

sundawg#WP

Apr 21, 2011
Visit site
Bummer. Hopefully it wasn't due to rushing a fix - that happens. But I'd rather they post something public saying "we know, our bad...working on it and will update in 1 week where we stand", etc.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss