Anyone have and used the keyboard?

KLinCHI

May 10, 2012
Visit site
Just wondering if anyone's received the free keyboard yet? Or have the keyboard?

Trying to figure how how it is compared to the the Type cover. Only read 1 review about it, and am hoping to get users' opinions.

Thanks!

Last edited:

kevin2577

Oct 8, 2012
Visit site
They had one on hand at the Microsoft store. The keys are quite a bit smaller than the Type Cover, and I didn't find it as easy to type on as the type cover (also it is a good deal thicker, but does have a battery). It definitely is less of an optimal experience, and puts the 2520 closer to the pure tablet side of the scale (like an iPad) than the laptop hybrid side like the Surface Pro or even the Surface 2. The keys reminded me a bit of netbook keys

daelumia

Nov 26, 2012
Visit site
It seems like they missed their ship date on the keyboards and decided that people might not consider the 2520 without one, so they decided to give them away rather than sacrifice sales of the tablet. I tried the MS Store, AT&T, and Verizon, and no one had one, not even a display model.

MikeF74

Nov 8, 2011
Visit site
I'm starting to get cold feet on my 2520 purchase. I need to be productive with it, and I need the keyboard to do that. I love the built in LTE, but at the end of the day I can always use my phone as a hot spot. I'm just afraid that when I finally get to try the keyboard, I won't like it and won't be able to be productive on it. I'm really waffling now about whether I want to see this through or dump this for a Surface 2. The total cost is definitely in the 2520's favor. I just wish there was a way for me to try out the keyboard. There aren't any Microsoft stores anywhere near me (75 miles away). On the other hand, I can try out the Surface 2's keyboard at Staples down the road. Ugh, such dread. How could they roll this out without ANY keyboards available, even in the AT&T and Verizon stores!

robertre

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
I am guessing they knew they needed to get the 2520 out before the holidays or miss a lot of potential sales, and could not wait for all the accessories to be ready. Heck, I may have not waited if it did not come out this year, and I am glad I did choose the 2520. I love the compact size, speed, and fantastic screen. I read one review where they commented about the small keys, but after a couple of days, got used to them. For free, I am not going to complain too much about the powered keyboard.

kuau

May 31, 2013
Visit site
They had one on hand at the Microsoft store. The keys are quite a bit smaller than the Type Cover, and I didn't find it as easy to type on as the type cover (also it is a good deal thicker, but does have a battery). It definitely is less of an optimal experience, and puts the 2520 closer to the pure tablet side of the scale (like an iPad) than the laptop hybrid side like the Surface Pro or even the Surface 2. The keys reminded me a bit of netbook keys

I agree with this assessment, if you want a pure tablet experience the 2520 is great, if you want to be productive, surface 2 with touchpad or there click keyboard.
I am enjoying my 2520 my only gripe is some incompatibilities with some websites using Metro IE11

Dalek Sec

Apr 4, 2012
Visit site
I'm not going to complain about the nokia keyboard as you cant beat free. It it sucks too much though I'll just get that bluetooth adapter for the type cover 2. Best of both worlds.

aitt

Jan 23, 2013
Visit site
Spoke to a representative at Nokia and was told these wont hit our hands till end of January start of Feb and they are only shipping them in black. Was then told no emails would go out to verify shipment or delivery. Called 877-906-6542

KoukiFC3S

Nov 12, 2010
Visit site

Was the keyboard available for purchase?

spectre51

May 25, 2012
Visit site
So do all 2520s get a free keyboard now or only the ones that were ordered by a certain date. Contemplating getting a surface 2 or 2520. I really like the look of the 2520 plus it's added software. If it comes with the keyboard that is an even bigger bonus over the surface 2.

maxavier

Jul 9, 2013
Visit site
So do all 2520s get a free keyboard now or only the ones that were ordered by a certain date. Contemplating getting a surface 2 or 2520. I really like the look of the 2520 plus it's added software. If it comes with the keyboard that is an even bigger bonus over the surface 2.
I think you missed the boat buddy o,o

Citizen X

May 11, 2013
Visit site
Yeah it's a tough break. Don't know what it will retail for. It also has a couple of USB ports and a battery to extend usable time. It's a pretty useful Swiss army knife. Hopefully $150 retail is optimistic on their part.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ayven